1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Sticklebrix!

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by Chrysaor, Jun 14, 2004.

1. Chrysaor

Chrysaor Lord of the Pants

I realize no one ever checks this forum, but on the off chance someone does and could help, I'd be appreciative.

I just bought 2k4, and the thing won't install. It gets to CD3 and just stops. I cleaned and checked everything I know how to in the 98se software and all that good junk, but I'm at my wits end *squak* wits end!

Hopefully this is simple and easy ...

2. Chrysaor

The problem seems to be that it won't recognize it while I'm installing. It recognizes the CD sometimes when I'm not in the install process, but it says it's unavailable when I'm half way there. Like some women I know.

3. Balton

Balton The Beast of Worship

Just switch to XP, you're doing yourself a big fat favour!

4. Chrysaor

Yeah, I think that would help. But looking around, it seems many, many other people are having the same problem. It seems to be related to how the hdd communicates with the dvd-rom. But so far none of the other advice I've found has quite fixed it.

Thanks for looking here btw, I didn't expect any response. :p

5. Chrysaor

I've done so much good in trying to fix it that now my mouse broke!

WEEEeeeeEEEEeeee!1!11!!!

6. Balton

Balton The Beast of Worship

I dont own a dvd drive yet (duh!) so I can't relate to these kind of problems...
    heck... I prolly should buy a new computer for the new games although my last upgrade isnt even a half year old... SUCKAGE!

7. Chrysaor

hehe, my comp's 4 years old. :D

8. X22887

X22887 !Crap Mapper!

try downloading the latest avaliable drivers for reading dvd's and etc that may help other than that I'm at a loss