Steering Woes

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

GRAF1K

****** Kamikaze
Oct 16, 2003
I turned on mouse steering at level startup, yet the mouse was only controlling camera movement still. Is this a feature that is yet to be implemented? Entirely my idiocy that is causing problems?

Additionally, the car seems to slide out event when simply tapping the arrow keys for slight turing adjustments. A setting?

ProjectX

Nicholas 'ProjectX' Udell - UnWheel Maps
Jan 9, 2004
Right behind you.
I think you need to ustomise your car for more grip, but generally cars behave that way on dirt roads (which seem to be predominant in UnWheel maps, I should know...)

ProjectX

Jan 9, 2004
Right behind you.
Shrimp said:
Try using a custom setting for Grip and Steering Speed and see if you can get it more to your tastes...

If you use mouse steering, use a fixed camera view rather than the free camera or it's uncontrollable.

In case you didn't know, you have to define keys for changing the camera view, i usually use C because it's close.

ProjectX

Jan 9, 2004
Right behind you.
Shrimp said:
Try using a custom setting for Grip and Steering Speed and see if you can get it more to your tastes...

If you use mouse steering, use a fixed camera view rather than the free camera or it's uncontrollable.

In case you didn't know, you have to define keys for changing the camera view, i usually use C because it's close.

GRAF1K

****** Kamikaze
Oct 16, 2003
Thanks guys. The steering seems to be better today... :confused:

One more question: will UnWheel ever include bots? You'd need a few new NavigationPoint actors, and not much else. Or would PathNodes work fine?

Shrimp

Seafood splatter
Jan 13, 2003
Deep in South Africa
shrimpworks.za.net
I've been thinking about bots a lot lately... I have a couple of ideas of how they may be done, but they're not top of the priority list. Also, with all the gametypes in UnWheel, things could get a bit complicated :)

GRAF1K

****** Kamikaze
Oct 16, 2003
I agree with everything you said 100%. I just can't find anyone online to play against, except one passworded server. I suppose servers will pop up a lot more now that you're hosted by BU and getting a lot more attention.

ProjectX

Jan 9, 2004
Right behind you.
GRAF1K said:
I agree with everything you said 100%. I just can't find anyone online to play against, except one passworded server. I suppose servers will pop up a lot more now that you're hosted by BU and getting a lot more attention.
I hope so too I wanna try out a few of my maps. Post on here within 10 mins and I'll set up a server, I'll post when i do. Itll have a boring name and will be playing citytrackv1

GRAF1K

****** Kamikaze
Oct 16, 2003
ProjectX said:
I hope so too I wanna try out a few of my maps. Post on here within 10 mins and I'll set up a server, I'll post when i do. Itll have a boring name and will be playing citytrackv1
Sorry, I seem to have missed your 10 minute deadline. :( Still up for it?

GRAF1K

****** Kamikaze
Oct 16, 2003
I'm trying to connect but it just sits there connecting for forever. :(
[UPDATE]Connection Failed[/UPDATE]

ProjectX

Jan 9, 2004
Right behind you.
sorry server crash :( I got some strange NVida settings which seem to conflict with Ut2K3. Ill try again tomorrow maybe, Oh Shrimp, I think you'll find that this mod's popularity will boost 10x if they can actually play it against people so finding a free server site might be a good idea (when which'll host games 24/7) I'm sure you'll find one which does mods as well. Good luck shrimp.

GRAF1K

****** Kamikaze
Oct 16, 2003
Thanks for trying anyway. :) You guys got a sweet mod here. I'd like to help out sometime.