1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Steel's Map Idea

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Bonecrusher, Nov 5, 2008.

1. Bonecrusher

Bonecrusher Make choices, don't look back...

Well, I took about two hours tonight and explored the concept... but it just doesn't work the way you have it planned out. In order to make the wall dodges possible, the roof needs to be super low in each room and in turn - makes jump/walldodge/jump moves within the room impossible because you hit your head before the second jump.

I made a second attempt by adding a ledge and extra set of ramps on the second and third floors to enable a higher ceiling for all floors, but now once again, wall dodges are not possible all the way against the wall.

Its a good concept, but it would have to take a completely different design for it to work smoothly. I'll throw what I have on the server tomorrow if you wanna see it. In order for it to be smooth tho, the floors would have to take on the same idea as occult, which apparently no one but the shooters enjoy. Suprise suprise. Can't please everyone I guess.

Honestly any style other than the small wide-open maps will never get played until the server fills up, which I don't see happening too often. I'm just making more different looking ones to give us some more variety. No sense in making a map if it never gets played.

2. Shattered_Steel

Shattered_Steel Birthed of Destruction

Yeah, I was thinking about ditching the wall-dodge idea and just going with the two buildings theme. There would actually be staircases that take up half of the ends, but the other half would be open anyway to drop down quickly. I was thinking of removing the teleport and just adding an actual elevator in the middle of the wall, with the shaft outside of the building. I had some ideas about it operating in interesting ways, I'll run that by you later. Otherwise, I'd like to see how the concept feels.

3. «BuA»Meat

«BuA»Meat Silent Assassin

how bout a new version of esprit. I love it on a 5v5 but i don't know if you guys ca modify it for 2 or 3v3 kinda map.

4. Shattered_Steel

Shattered_Steel Birthed of Destruction

I have another totally new idea I'll need to run by BC and Lurk tonight.

5. Bonecrusher

Bonecrusher Make choices, don't look back...

Well its on the server. I'll be on hopefully a little before 8.