[STEAM][/STEAM]

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
It seems they updated their site a bit. I added a new tag [ steamx ] that will provide an extended view of your steam profile as in:
[steamx]Sir_Brizz[/steamx]

Enjoy :)

Kyllian

if (Driver == Bot.Pawn); bGTFO=True;
Aug 24, 2002
kyllian.deviantart.com
Sleepy, what the hell is that chick from anyway?

One thing tho, clicking on Sleepy/Kanthams SteamX sigs I get this error
Sorry!

An error was encountered while processing your request:

The specified profile could not be found.

Here's a link to the Steam Community home page.
Clicking on mine works just fine
[steamx]boobis[/steamx]

It seems the reason is that I created a profile URL[id/boobis] whereas Sleepy/Kantham have just the numerical profile id
Thing is the numerical and named profile links use different "prefixes"
Named URLs use the id/ bit(ex: http://steamcommunity.com/id/boobis) whereas the numerical use profiles/ (ex: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197971927817 < Sleepy's)\

Same thing with the [Steam] tags

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
That is definitely the problem, and I don't have a good solution right now.

Darkdrium

20% Cooler
Jun 6, 2008
Montreal
Make it so that the code detects if it's a number series of a certain length (17 chars apparently) it will use the "profiles" link, and if there are letters or numbers but different length than 17 chars it uses the "id" link.

(It's an idea, I don't know if it's possible in code or if it will work 100% - there may be some Steam "profiles" with 16 numbers for identification...)

Kyllian

Aug 24, 2002
kyllian.deviantart.com
I'm guessing you got the code from Steam/Valve so if my guess is right it's something they'd have to fix

Dunno if it'll help, but I think Steam always uses a 17-digit number for numerical id's

Dark: I'd say a rigging to look for numerical sequences of 15 or more without any special characters

Last edited:

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
Make it so that the code detects if it's a number series of a certain length (17 chars apparently) it will use the "profiles" link, and if there are letters or numbers but different length than 17 chars it uses the "id" link.

(It's an idea, I don't know if it's possible in code or if it will work 100% - there may be some Steam "profiles" with 16 numbers for identification...)
I would love to do that. However, the BBCode thing in vBulletin is not advanced enough to allow logic in the tags.

Kyllian

Aug 24, 2002
kyllian.deviantart.com
How do the tags work anyway?
Do they just take the number/name inside the tags, slap steamcommunity... in front of it and call up the avatar/etc and slap those on an image?
Or something along those lines...

Anyway my train of thought on this is additional tags, one set that uses ID for names, another that uses profile for numerical

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
I just don't want to have a million tags for the same thing. I didn't even want to make a second tag for this, but the way the BBCode editor thing works I didn't really have a choice. You basically attach HTML to the tag and put in {param} where the parameter between the tags will go.

Skydive

Oct 9, 2010
i bet all of u got ut on steam no point

cmon buy the cd install patchsame thing as without cd omg:lol:

zynthetic

robot!
Aug 12, 2001
zynthetic.com
BUY DISC MAKE LIFE EASIER LOL OMG ,, lol:mad:
THAT'S THE LAST TIME I LISTEN TO YOU, INTERNET.
nvz4y.jpg