1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Steam Sale: Borderlands

Discussion in 'News & Articles' started by hal, Apr 13, 2011.

1. hal

hal Dictator Staff Member

As part of Steam's 2k week sale, today only you can pick up Borderlands and any of its DLC for 75% off. By far the best deal is Borderlands GOTY, which includes all 4 DLC for a heckuva price - $7.50. If for whatever reason you haven't given it a go after all this time, today might be your lucky day.

2. Kyllian

Kyllian if (Driver == Bot.Pawn); bGTFO=True;

A bit of warning, the minimum specs will barely work
    I have a 3GHz dual-core and a 8800GT and I have to gimp the hell out of the graphics to get decent framerates

Worth it tho

3. _Lynx

_Lynx Strategic Military Services Staff Member

Q6600 and 8800GTX runs it pretty well at 1680x1050 with all high and AA disabled.

4. Capt.Toilet

Capt.Toilet Good news everyone!

I have the same card and 200mhz more than you and can play it averaging mid 30's and 40's at 1080p. Most of the time I usually just play at 720p and I hardly have an issue. You might try disabling shadows as that is the BIGGEST frame reducer in this game. Also be warned that the DLC runs worse than the main game does, at least for me. Knoxx and Claptrap have some weird framerate issues when looking at the main towns from a distance.

5. Abvex

Abvex New Member

Same here, I have to tick Shadows off to get decent framerates, and the DLC is worst...especially the Knoxx one. Thinking of getting a GTX 570 or 460 SLI, I am due for an upgrade.

Fantastic game though, you will be crazy to pass up this offer. I bough 2 already for a few friends.

Last edited: Apr 14, 2011
  6. Big-Al

Big-Al amateur de bière

runs fine maxed out with my GTX 460 :)

7. Plumb_Drumb

Plumb_Drumb yumb

I went for the sale, but I have yet to see if it runs well on my rig.

I can't imagine every other game running like butter and suddenly, with this one, I have to turn off shadows.
    That would be lame :lol:

8. Leonardo

Leonardo Old fart on top the mountain.....

Yea, runs great for me, was also a great Birthday present for my bro Sonicist.