Steam Open Beta

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

shoptroll

Jan 21, 2004
Noticed some quirky stuff in the overlay last night. I'm glad they put a clock in it finally.

Considering rolling back if this develops into a personal annoyance.

RabidZombie

Freshly Removed Brains at half price!
Apr 29, 2004
If you're not willing to put up with instability, roll back now. Seriously. The rest of us would rather not hear you moaning about it. :\

As for the beta, I think the new look really ugly in some places, but I LOVE the new games list (hoping compact comes back though) and in-game overlay.

The best thing is, the bits I don't like are all editable in the skinning system. Hooray!

shoptroll

Jan 21, 2004
I rolled back as the overlay is missing bits of text (like parts of URLs and the panel banners). Still excited about this though.

Benfica

European Redneck
Feb 6, 2006
Running perfectly here, but has some background activity all the time though. I wonder how to reduce it

Edit: ok, I got it, has to do with friends management.

Last edited:

shoptroll

Jan 21, 2004
I went back to the old one for the same reason. Still not sure if I like the new one or not. I wish it would save your view preferences (like list view, or view "only installed games").

I was also getting this weird interaction with Borderlands where mouse view wouldn't work until I shift-tabbed to the overlay and shift-tabbed back into the game. The old client didn't do this, but I haven't tried playing again since I reverted.

Regardless, it shows a lot of promise and I like where they're going with it.

DeaJae

taking a month's break
May 7, 2001
England
www.littleportitservices.co.uk
looks good, shame they still can't fix the randomly screwing up downloads (all mine are now 99% downloaded but refuses to do anything else, including letting me use them) and offline mode.. which it now seems to be stuck in but showing the store :con: