Steam compatible versions of JB

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Katana

Shock Whore!
May 17, 2003
Visit site
I already own UT/UT2004 standalone but i recently saw that all versions of UT are on Steam now.
UT3 is on sale (till March 22nd) for £8.39 so i bought it, and it made me think of JB since i haven't played any UT in ages, and noticed that a UT3 version is in the works.

Will there be Steam a compatible version of JB for UT3 when it's out or will that be too much work?

DannyMeister

UT3 Jailbreak Coder
Dec 11, 2002
Bolivar, Missouri
Jailbreak will work on both retail and Steam versions of UT3. The Titan Pack will be required. There are no plans for Steam specific features such as achievements, as these are not available to mod makers.

Wormbo

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 4, 2001
Germany
www.koehler-homepage.de
If you mean "downloadable through Steam" then that's probably a no. Otherwise I don't see any reason a mod should be incompatible with the Steam version of UT3.

The only thing I'm not quite sure about is PS3 compatibility, mainly because I have no idea about the restrictions involved in cooking for and using mods on the PS3.

Alhanalem

Teammember on UT3JB Bangaa Bishop
Feb 21, 2002
Ivalice
If you mean "downloadable through Steam" then that's probably a no. Otherwise I don't see any reason a mod should be incompatible with the Steam version of UT3.

The only thing I'm not quite sure about is PS3 compatibility, mainly because I have no idea about the restrictions involved in cooking for and using mods on the PS3.

The primary restriction is no custom sounds, due to a proprietary sound codec used on the PS3.

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
I can pretty much guarantee that if you contact Epic they will cook for you or send the tool to cook.

Alhanalem

Teammember on UT3JB Bangaa Bishop
Feb 21, 2002
Ivalice
the former is possible, the latter isn't (because they'd have to give the codec)