Static mesh projector issue

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Moofed

May 17, 2004
In the mod I am working on we are going to have city streets made out of static mesh building blocks. So our mapper created some but when we drive a vehicle on them the headlight projector acts badly.

The issue is the headlight projector does not fade smoothly between each mesh. Rather, it fades to quickly on one mesh, but then is abruptly bright again beginning at the edge of the next mesh. I don't have a screenshot atm, but I'll post one later tonight.

Looking at some maps from UnWheel which use smeshes for roads, UWRC-CityTrack seems to display this behaviour (after enabling headlights in UEd), but UWRC-MidnightAir looks fine.

Any ideas on whats causing this?

edit: Heres a screenshot. After investigating even more it seems it happens with regular dynamic lights as well. Searching again with lighting in general in mind, it seems that this is happening because there are too few vertices in the mesh? I wouldn't think that would apply to projectors...

[SCREENSHOT]http://forums.beyondunreal.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=93072&stc=1&d=1138767520[/SCREENSHOT]

Attachments

• Shot00005.jpg
    Shot00005.jpg
    78.1 KB · Views: 26
Last edited: