1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Static Mesh not visible

Discussion in 'Level Design, Skinning and Modelling' started by Dodo, Oct 27, 2003.

1. Dodo

Dodo New Member

I have succesfully imported a mesh into UE2 and in the Editor it looks just fine, also with shadows and all, but after starting the runtime its not "really" there, because you can collide with it in some ways. So what is it, what i could have done wrong?

2. Daid303

Daid303 MSPA

Sure you saved the mesh?

3. Dodo

Dodo New Member

Yes, i did...

4. -Gregou

-Gregou New Member

when you close and reopen your map in U-ed, is the mesh still here?
    (it's look like a save problem...)

5. Hao Niu-rou

Hao Niu-rou flummoxed

could it be its set to bHighDetail?

6. Dodo

Dodo New Member

Well, probaply there is a safe error, so here is what i did to include the model to UE2:
    export the model as ASE with map. coord. and all
    import the ASE file into the package "DevTest" (Group: Waffen, Name: Schwert1), applied a texture to it and saved the package as "DevTest.usx" in folder StaticMeshes, where all the other packages are
    put the Mesh into the level ( right-click -> include StaticMesh...)
    saved the level

then, after I restarted the Editor and load the map, there are these errors (Load Error: No missing files, but missing resources: Package DevTest.Waffen; StaticMesh DevTest.Waffen.Schwert1) and the model isn't there.

When I manually load the package before opening the map, its there (not "In-Game", only in the editor).

So, what do I have to do, to include it for the "Game"?

p.s.: the highdetail is set to false

Last edited: Oct 30, 2003
  7. Dodo

Dodo New Member

I imported the model another time, this time as package "myLevel", and it works wondeful. But there has to be a way to include the model as an external package, like the EM_Runtime_S.usx, so how does this work?

8. oxygen

oxygen New Member

Did you save your static mesh package?

9. rodrigoelp

rodrigoelp New Member

I am having the same problem, i don't know why...

from oxygen: Did you save your static mesh package?
    yup, but when i close the editor and reopen it, i have to do first the load of the textures and the static meshes before the map... and when i try to convert the some static mesh to brush i got a several error and the engine close the editor.....

i decide to work directly with the ued, cuz i didn't knew how to use the 3rd party (static mesh) brush :(.. but now that i am here :p i am gonna ask about everything :D

10. Okfil

Okfil New Member

Hmm looks like a probb i had.. dident get any real solution to it.. but i guess you are importing from maya? so did i.. I solved it by importing my map in as several static meshes.. as it seems to me the engine cant handle over a certain poly count on the imported static mesh? Dunno if this is true or not but it worked for me. Alot more work on exporting and importing but it worked :rolleyes:

11. chacha

chacha New Member

Yes.. I have the same problem very often - static mesh packages are just not saving if you add new meshes to a package later (I save the package, but when I relaunch editor and reopen package - new meshes aren't there ) .. thats driving me crazy..

12. rodrigoelp

rodrigoelp New Member

Well, i just find some way to work with it... Everytime you add a static mesh save the static meshes, then save the entire project.. I am not having problem so far :D

13. HAL9000

HAL9000 New Member

I've had lots of weird similar problems when two packages had the same name, like test.utx for textures and test.usx for static meshes. When I changed them to test_t.utx and test_s.usx everything worked just fine. I think the map filename needs to be unique too. Maybe that's the cause for your problems aswell.