Static Mesh Import Problem

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Member: Hammer

Jun 3, 2005
Germany
Hallo Guys,

Build UT2004_Build_[2004-11-11_10.48]

CPU: AuthenticAMD Unknown processor @ 1811 MHz with 1023MB RAM
Video: RADEON X800 PRO (6575)

General protection fault!

History: KAse2me2 <- WDlgImportStaticMesh::ImportFile <- WDlgImportStaticMesh::OnOk <- WButton::InterceptControlCommand <- WWindow::WndProc <- WWindow::StaticProc <- WWindow::WndProc <- WWindow::StaticProc <- WDialog::DoModal <- WDlgImportStaticMesh::DoModal <- WBrowserStaticMesh::OnCommand <- WWindow::WndProc <- WWindow::StaticProc <- WBrowserMaster::OnCommand <- WWindow::WndProc <- WWindow::StaticProc <- MessagePump <- MainLoop

Somebody knows where that **** comes from ?
I dont use to much polygons, only 400, exporter 3dsmax6 ASE Format.
Why does this error apear ?

pleaze help!

Thanks a lot!

Twrecks

Spectacularly Lucky
Mar 6, 2000
In Luxury
www.twrecks.info
If the editable mesh does not have UV mapping, it will not import. Also if there are any polys that get culled from setting your precision too low (0-3 place) it may crash Ued. In this case, try counting your polys and use poly counter to see if they match. I was once trying to import a model that had an extra poly I could not see and never could find, selected the area with the offending poly and deleted it and rebuilt the faces I wanted to keep.
Also make sure your static mesh doesnot have any animation frames, there's other means required for importing animated meshes (ActorX)