1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Stat Mesh

Discussion in 'Level Editing - Advanced' started by AMmayhem, Dec 23, 2001.

1. AMmayhem

AMmayhem Mayhem is everywhere

When you type "stat mesh" in the game, which one of those numbers should I be looking at the most? I'm assuming a lower number is better, so how would you help bring it down?

2. Hourences

Hourences New Member

i only look too meshcount, and the more important meshpolycount, and the meshpolycount should stay under a few 1000, 4000-5000 i thought would start to run slow, by 50.000 your ut prolly chrashes :D

3. RedEye(Co30)

RedEye(Co30) New Member

LOL @ AMmayhem . . .

For using Lump the No-Legged Dog! Good one!

4. MrFawn

MrFawn New Member

keep the number below 500!

at 1000 is already **** slow and dont forget you're also supposed to draw playmodels too

5. AMmayhem

Hmmm, I'll have to look again at what mine said. I'm pretty sure I'm mostly in the 400's, but I'm not sure.

If I separated rooms into zones, wouldn't that help? At least that's what I remember reading somewhere.

6. Bot_40

Bot_40 Go in drains

No, the game still has to render all the polys on all the meshes in view. That will only help if the engine is rendering a mesh that isn't in view, zoning should help this I think.

7. AMmayhem

Ok, I'm averaging about 500 with the meshpolycount. I low about 250-300, and my high gets up to 1100. This is still without bots, pathnodes, and a skybox. Any thoughts on how to bring it down?

8. Hourences

Hourences New Member

pathnodes and a skybox wont raise it, nothing in there wich could do that (for a normal skybox at least)
    erm spread the stuff more, and put some things like ammo behind brushes, behind a pillar or beind corners so you see less in the total area

9. AMmayhem

Fires would raise the polycount to wouldn't it? Because I do have some flames in the open, and it slows a little when I look at them.

10. Hourences

Hourences New Member

if it are meshes offcoure yes, if it are brushes too yes, but not for the mesh polycount then, everything you see slows down, only differnce, 1 thing always slows down more then the other :)