StarCraft II

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Rambowjo

Das Protoss
Aug 3, 2005
Tapeland
So I lost to a stupid 4 gate earlier today, which basically left me seething with rage, because I was playing like an idiot and could've won it easily. Next match was also a ZvP, but I had some graphical issue (shadows missing). I said I'd pause the game to fix it real quick, but while in the options menu, the guy unpaused the guy. I paused again and he unpaused again immediately. I asked him 'what the hell' and he just answered with ":D", which basically increased my rage exponentially. Once again, the protoss did a 4 gate push but I managed to hold it. About 7 minutes later, I somehow pushed out with a 200/200 push with 2/2 upgrades, which consisted of maybe 2/3 roaches and 1/3 lings. I think he was maybe at 140 supply. He simply wrote "Oo" and then "WTF" and left the game.

It was very fulfilling.

[VaLkyR]Anubis

Foregone Destruction
Jan 20, 2008
Gaia
www.youtube.com
Wait, no one has posted this yet?

[m]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fzMhh8zhTiY[/m]
I probably watch this one several times every day, just because it is brilliant! They have made a magnificent job on this one, imo!

Ah yeah, if someone is interested, here is my StarCraft 2 ID:

[VaLkyR]Anubis / Anubis / #820 / EU

DarQraven

Jan 20, 2008
Today I played my most clunky matches ever. A while ago I adopted a new hotkey scheme (to fight the 1A syndrome), that went something like:

1 Nexus
2 Melee
3 Ranged
4 Caster
5 Entire army
6 Gates/Robo after WG
7 Upgrades
8-0 Scouting.

Apparently it's been too long since I last played, because I messed EVERYTHING up during these matches. Routinely had all my probes hotkeyed to 5, had my Templar and Sentries both on 4 (not a good idea), had Immortals on 2, etc...

Even though I managed to win them all (only silver league and some 2v2's with toniglandyl), I think I unneccesarily sacrificed two armies worth of units over these three games.

(Also, I think it might be I slept too long. I can't even type this without correcting every other word. -_-)

DarQraven

Jan 20, 2008
I honestly have no idea how MMR works anymore.
Sometimes we (2v2 with roomie) get paired up with people capable to controlling 3 separate army balls across the map while macroing, at other times we get paired with a Zerg who 'rushes' me for 20 minutes in a row.

No seriously, that actually just happened. After 20 minutes, he was still on 1 base, 8 workers, while no one had attacked him. Kept sending groups of 8 Zerglings up my ramp. He was lucky his teammate's 6gate opening (wtf...) was somewhat effective and neither of us had been particularly on the offensive. Apparently SC2 thinks I am equal in skill to that guy. -_-

Last edited:

[VaLkyR]Anubis

Foregone Destruction
Jan 20, 2008
Gaia
www.youtube.com
Yippie ya yay! More wonderful maps! I'm looking forward to this, keep it up! :)

I like StarCraft 2, great game, makes a lot of fun to play, especially with people who play for fun. I recently have played a 4v4 match and this was kinda very interesting. In this match, we had a goddamnit pool rush and as usual, mass units by Terran players. Even when I prefer more coop than vs, but this was pretty funny. I don't give a damn, if this wasn't a match between pros only, coz I play just for fun and nothing else. At the moment, I'm working on all coop achvievements and after that, I'm gonna pay more attention to the rest, but let's see about that. Nevertheless, StarCraft 2 makes fun and I don't give a ****, if I win or loose, I always smile.

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
The best Metalopolis game I've ever seen.

[m]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rFEuXYlgD1s[/m]

Juggalo Kyle

Sup brah.
Mar 23, 2005
Northern Cali
Here's a link to a NA tournament that happens every week. It's called the ASCWeekly, Amateur StarCraft Weekly Tournament. They have three that they host, Bronze/Silver, Gold/Platinum, and Diamond.

I signed up for the Bronze/Silver. You have to be in the league that you sign up for. Last week, somebody purposly demoted himself from Diamond to Plat to play, with like 20+ losses in one day.

But it's fun stuff. You guys should join!

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
I've been working on a 2P Co-op & single player project called "Fish-eat-Fish".

It's pretty much explanatory and highly based on the casual games of the same name, you start out as a somewhat fragile unit, and you work your way to morph into a new unit.

It's difficult and unpredictable, I invite anyone to try it (solo or with a friend, which is more fun), but expect something quite challenging if you're casual.

I have 2 maps on Battlenet right now, they are

FEF-Map01
FEF-Map02

HF. I'll probably post a video later, there's still much to do so I'm open to reasonable suggestions.
Oh and I nearly forgot, they are on US servers. :/

Last edited:

DarQraven

Jan 20, 2008
I'll check em out sometime soon. I'm done with ladder.

The game is too volatile for me, and ladder is where it shows most. I've been stuck in Silver league for ages simply because the league above me is 100% filled with one-trick pony cheesers/all-inners. I'l play against Silvers, do fine, win quite convincingly in fact, then as soon as I start getting paired against Golds it's proxy 2gate after fast nydus after marine/thor rush after other gay ****. Worst of all is when you check their match history, and it's only that.

The way I see it, I will probably never get through Gold without resorting to the same ****. It's not that I can't beat them, it's that I can't beat them at their own game. They're bound to be better at their one precious rushbuild than I can be at defending fifty different kinds of them while building econ advantage. That, coupled with the matchmaking system that either pairs me up against bronzies with a grand total of 3 games played or high golds, and keeps bouncing in between these two extremes (such that I never play against the golds enough to learn to defend their shenanigans because it instantly throws me back into wood league), has lead to me officially giving the ladder the finger and sticking to custom games from now on.

Here's to hoping some of the cheesy **** gets fixed in HotS. To me, a strategy game where scouting is so pointless that the exact same scouting info can either mean:
- Bad player with non-logical build order
- Fast expo upcoming
- 5 Zealots in your base in 10 seconds because he proxied two gates.
..is not a strategy game anymore. That's a coinflip simulator. The new maps are so huge that the odds of you finding a proxy are non-existant. In fact, the odds of you scouting their base in time to even react to a proxy properly at pretty much 50/50.

Last edited: