1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

StarCraft II

Discussion in 'Games' started by Kantham, Mar 11, 2008.

1. shoptroll

shoptroll Active Member

Blizzard will replace discs if you contact customer support. I've had them replace a missing Diablo II expansion disc along with my original 1.0 SC disc when it got scratched up too much.

It costs $5 (COD I think) to do so and you have to send in the jewel case with the CD-Key for verification.

Or, you can make an account on the new Battle.net site and register your CD-Key there which will allow you to digitally download the game.

2. Darkdrium

Darkdrium 20% Cooler

Yeah I could try that too when I get the chance. It's not that bad actually, I think there's only one scratch preventing it. I tried copying the install.exe file over and it failed at around 40MB from the end (The file is 550MB or so), so it's not that badly scratched it seems.
    For now I've baked up my SC CD, so at least that one should be safe.

Olawd, I was replying to Kantham (Instaposts ftw)

Hmm, I will investigate this digital download.

EDIT: wow, it works, thanks :D And better speed than that slow ass torrent

Last edited: May 24, 2009
  3. Kantham

Kantham Fool.

That's great, never heard of that before. :tup:

4. DarQraven

DarQraven New Member

I need this. Now. My inner Korean is starting to grow violent.

5. Kantham

Kantham Fool.

I hope to hear some more about it at E3. The game is planned for this year.

6. neilthecellist

neilthecellist Renegade.

Ugh, we kicked out one of our Korean roommates because he was so goddamn immature about living with us. StarCraft II (and I) had to do with it. He would sit in his room all the time, and when he came out to make food in the kitchen he'd always leave the dishes in the sink. Then he started taking our food. (Stealing). It came to a point where we finally asked him "Whats going on" and he said that he couldn't miss "today's game of StarCraft". He repeated that reason over several weeks.

It's really pathetic, because StarCraft has evolved into this sort of sport-tournament over in Korea. The announcers doing each game sound like they're at an American football game or European football (soccer) game. It consumed my roommate.

So we kicked him out and he still hasn't returned our keys. Worst part: He was the oldest of all of us at age 28. And he acted like such a baby.

EDIT: NO RACISM. My landlord is Korean and still lives with us, and we have another Korean roommate as well.Both are very cool people.

7. Forgetful

Forgetful Here is party?

The graphics aren't better, you just enjoy the photo real texture style. Those models actually look to be slightly lower in poly count.

8. neilthecellist

neilthecellist Renegade.

Dude. You quoted a post all the way from page 2.

9. Darkdrium

Darkdrium 20% Cooler

Yes, I will try to get my Warcraft III back this way, I lost the first CD of the game (But still have the box with the key on it!) :)
    I've got StarCraft back again, Thanks :D

10. Kantham

Kantham Fool.

:tup:

Yeah so anyone else than DarkDrium wants a game? We could also try something like 2v2 if enough people gets involved, you know..

11. Jacks:Revenge

Jacks:Revenge ╠╣E╚╚O

:lol: does that bother you? was he supposed to quote it from somewhere else?

12. Latent Image

Latent Image Bring the rain!

13. Kantham

Kantham Fool.

So I guess no one then.

14. Darkdrium

Darkdrium 20% Cooler

LOL
    I'll play with you some time, my friend wants to show me his SC map then we will do some Soulstorm o.0

15. shoptroll

shoptroll Active Member

I'd play too, but I haven't played since 2000 and I really don't have much time for games right now :(

16. neilthecellist

neilthecellist Renegade.

......?

17. Forgetful

Forgetful Here is party?

I read through the thread and it was the only thing that caught my attention. I know a lot of people only read the last page, but I try to go through the whole thing. Well if its not a million pages that is.

18. Kantham

Kantham Fool.

19. DarQraven

DarQraven New Member

Yup. Looked good, seems I'll be playing primarily Protoss once again.
    What I love about them is that their units are kinda meh until you figure out how to micro them correctly. Then suddenly they start eating Terran for breakfast.

20. Wail of Suicide

Wail of Suicide Member

Just watched the third battle report. Looks good so far, but I think it was clear the game was very lopsided. The only reason it even went on as long as it did is because all of these videos are intended to show off some back-and-forth with different units and tech.

I was always a Zerg player primarily so I am happy that it seems like the Zerg have some actual variety in units now. I am so sick of Starcraft 1 where half the Zerg units are useless (Queen, Guardian, Devourer, Ultralisk*) and the only good spells Zerg ever got were Dark Swarm and Plague -- Both stacked on an easy to kill T3 unit.

* Ultralisk is used in pro level play but all it ever does is soak up damage. 4 Marines + Medic can probably take down one Ultralisk, not exactly impressive for a T3 unit that expensive.

Anyway, the Protoss look way overpowered compared to Zerg though. Both players were sitting on 2 bases the whole game, the Zerg was actually mining his second base first, yet the Protoss was apparently getting 2x the resources as the Zerg (?). This doesn't make any sense, especially since the Zerg expanded a second time. The only reason I can see is the Zerg guy couldn't produce enough drones while also producing combat units, which has always been a problem. If the Protoss can truly gain such a commanding economic advantage through conservative no-risk play it seems like a problem.

Also, the Protoss had no trouble building up swarms of units comparable to the Zerg. I don't have so much a problem with that except all of the Protoss units are clearly superior in a one-on-one matchup, so there is no upside for the Zerg there. Those Nullifiers are just disgusting with their apparently quite cheap force field ability they used over and over in the video -- Combine blocking off locations on the map with teleportation abilities of other Protoss and it is just sick.

Last edited: Jun 22, 2009