Star Wars: Episode III (no spoilers)

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

cracwhore

I'm a video game review site...
Oct 3, 2003
Visit site
So, that was pretty much the best movie mankind will ever make.

To put it simply - it was good. Fear not. If you have any doubts and hated the first two / can't really watch the old ones without laughing - you will love Episode III.

Basically, I can hardly see how this movie didn't get an 'R' rating (other than the fact, that I suppose, there wasn't blood)...

This movie was full of violence. Every five minutes, I found myself making some kind of silly sound, suggesting that I couldn't believe what I just saw. The film really had that 'epic' feeling that the rest in the series were all missing...

If only he'd be willing to go back and re-do every other 'Star Wars' film to match the quality of this one...

I'm still willing to wager that he (or one of his good buddies) re-makes the original trilogy with new actors / CG. And honestly - I would love that - as long as it was more like Episode III was.

It actually (for the first time) made me believe that there was a war going on within that silly galaxy, located ever so far, far away...

I hate most movies - especially ruined sequels to childhood favorites. But honestly? This movie pwns. I give it the highest possible rating comprehensible by man.

Lucas really stayed away from the 'cute' stuff this time around. The only 'cute' things you'll see or hear are some of R2D2's usual antics. The rest is pretty much like the most fucked up Star Wars movie you've always wanted to see.

The only problem with it is that it makes all of the other 'Star Wars' films seem really gay...

P.S. If you're lucky, a Trekkie will show up to protest your movie to entertain you while you wait in line...

...good times...

No sarcasm. Seriously. See this movie.

ant75

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
Jan 11, 2001
Paris
Don't even dare to compare this movie with episode 4 and 5. Seriously. At the time those were released, Lucas was so ahead of its time in creating his very own sci-fi atmosphere that i can still watch those movies and be impressed by the creativity and imagination of this guy. This last episode sure is good, but if you look beyond the special effects it's not better than the first ones.
And actually, i thought there were a little too much computer generated caracters in some scenes. But it's good nonetheless.

kill9O

Apr 24, 2005
I just saw last night. Its awesome but the voices of the droids are weak, and When i was inside the theater some guy was making balloon lightsabers and blasters, and also i sinced n00bage in the force and horniness in Anakin. :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:

Olethros

Functional alcoholic
It was certainly better than Phantom Menace (then again - so is gonorrhea), and also a notch up from the previous one. But much as expected, describing George Lucas' ability to write believeable dialogue as "abysmal" would leave no suitable phrase for summing up Hayden Christensen's acting abilities. And don't even get me started on what has to be the most opressive soundtrack this side of Bollywood!

But if you can summon up the ability not to cringe too much every time Christensen opens his mouth to cheese up an already 100% cheese line of dialogue and also ignore the hopeless geeks with you in the audience who will most certainly applaude many of the particularly grandiloquent moments of Lucas' ham-fisted directing, well then it is actually quite an entertaining movie. Particularly the last half.

Lord_Bunker

Apr 18, 2000
Visit site
personally after the previous one, i just want to see obi wan kick anikans ass. i found him to be more annoying than jarjar binks. at least jar jar had an excuse, he wasn't real.

Arethusa

We will not walk in fear.
Jan 15, 2004
Olethros said:
It was certainly better than Phantom Menace (then again - so is gonorrhea), and also a notch up from the previous one. But much as expected, describing George Lucas' ability to write believeable dialogue as "abysmal" would leave no suitable phrase for summing up Hayden Christensen's acting abilities. And don't even get me started on what has to be the most opressive soundtrack this side of Bollywood!

But if you can summon up the ability not to cringe too much every time Christensen opens his mouth to cheese up an already 100% cheese line of dialogue and also ignore the hopeless geeks with you in the audience who will most certainly applaude many of the particularly grandiloquent moments of Lucas' ham-fisted directing, well then it is actually quite an entertaining movie. Particularly the last half.
I've been nothing but unimpressed with almost all writing done for, about, and around anything Star Wars (if you know how to read and aren't retarded, avoid the licensed novels). This applies especially to the first two prequels: "I don't like sand. Sand is rough. Not like you. You're soft." But the quotations I've read coming out of Revenge have actually been remarkably well written (and I don't mean this in a relative sense). Maybe those are rare moments of dramatic(ally short) bursts of levity, maybe not, but I certainly have higher hopes for this film than I did the previous one.

(SDS)benmcl

Why not visit us here in the real world.
May 13, 2002
Visit site
Lucas is a brilliant man bringing to Crappy Wood much that it needed in the 70s. Writing, directing and editing are not any of those.

Lets see out of six movies we have one real good one, one so so, one acceptable if you are drunk and two I consider only viewable in a Hilly Billy latrin in the Ozark mountains. Haven't seen the sixth one yet and won't until paid to do so or stuck in bed with two broken legs.

The_Pikeman

Also known as Howski
Nov 20, 2001
Caerphilly, Wales
Visit site
Man I'm just waiting for the republican conspirasy theorists veiw on the "your either with me or against me" sith speach. Poor acting all around esp obi but the script was better. Man if you go watch the droids (R2-D2 ect) as they are the vitcitms of some of the worst CGI going. Ah well bar the "NOOOOOOOOOOO!" moment story wise it wasnt that bad.
-How.

Rostam

PSN: Rostam_
May 1, 2001
Leiden, Holland
IMO, worst star wars film to date. The effects were neat I guess but they made no sense at all. Although not as bad as LOTR 3, I found it very boring and at every scene end after about 1,5 hours in to it I was hoping for it to end already.
What a waste of money :(

Arethusa

We will not walk in fear.
Jan 15, 2004
He's explicitly said he wouldn't be doing any more Star Wars movies.

Of course, he's said he wouldn't do a lot of things before, and then he went and did them, so who knows. It seems unlikely he'll really stop here.

Lord_Bunker

Apr 18, 2000
Visit site
i'm sure he just needs a break to take some time to figure out how to make star wars worse.

i did hear in Time that he's starting on a nother indiana jones thing. supposed to be more supernatural. or in otherwords. he's moving off of screwing up starwars and starting on screwing up another trilogy.