Stalker keeps getting better and better...

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Infguy98

Jul 29, 2001
Voila!

stalker%20aiming%20system%20ak%202.jpg

Olethros

Functional alcoholic
Not too shabby, but until they get the weapon models the right way around and go for that bare minimum of factual accuracy over perceived "1337ness" there's no way in hell I'm actually paying for it. Whoever said "hey, let's mirror the models so that the ejection ports are visible 'cuz that looks hella-cool!" should have been dragged outside and shot in the testicles.

yurch

Swinging the clue-by-four
May 21, 2001
USA, Maryland.
Visit site
Iron sights aren't all that important anymore, really. Afterall, call of duty had 'em. (#2 game in gamespy at the moment, just under a certain halflife mod)
Sure, it adds some immersion, but it's not really a selling point.

Cold Killer

I will Kill Bill
Feb 24, 2002
Vancouver, BC
Visit site
Sorry, am I missing something? What's the big new feature that's visible in that screenshot? Several STALKER videos have shown iron sights before, if that's what you're ooing at...

})FA|Snake

Aug 5, 2000
Visit site
ya if they can't put the ejection port on the right side of the gun then it worries me what other design decisions the team might make

Beppo

Infiltration Lead-Programmer
Jul 29, 1999
Aachen, Germany
infiltration.sentrystudios.net
wasn't CS one of the first that mirrored the models to get the uber-shellcasing-effect :p so go hunt down their testicles then Olethros... I bet you will have a large group of followers that want to assist you in your task.

But to the screenshot... well, they use iron sights... but no free aim area. Still dead center on the screen so really nothing new. And older shots somehow looked way better than that one here actually. Just check out the distance fog and the 'crispy' looking vegetation. But the crispy stuff can come from the jpg compression ... you can see the stuff around the bird in the sky and many other areas too. So I hope that the actual screen looked better than that.

Cold Killer

I will Kill Bill
Feb 24, 2002
Vancouver, BC
Visit site
That would be a whole hell of a lot of work. First you'd have to remodel the gun, both third and first-person, and then you'd have to find the program that controls how the shells are ejected and diddle with that until you found out how to make them come out from the other side.

Freon

Braaaaiinss...
Jan 27, 2002
France
www.3dfrags.com
Actually CS uses mirrored guns because they were modeled for by a lefty. You couldn't even have them on the right side until beta 5 or 6 IIRC. If you play the game with the default settings, the gun is not mirrored ;)

Infguy98

Jul 29, 2001
Eh, as far as I'm concerned the mirrored guns are just a cosmetic mistake, it won't have any impact on gameplay which is what I'm hoping to be excellent in STALKER. That together with the excellent atmosphere.

Last edited:

Fuct

Who is Adam King?
Jul 8, 2000
The Diamond Sea
Kow said:
Eh, as far as I'm concerned the mirrored guns are just a cosmetic mistake, it won't have any impact on gameplay which is what I'm hoping to be excellent in STALKER. That together with the excellent atmosphere.

Yes.

Too bad that someone will pass playing this great game just because the developers mirrored the gun models.

Last edited:

OICW

Reason & Logic > Religion
I'll still get Stalker, but it's still going to be nagging at the back of my mind, even though I know it's not exactly an entirely realistic orientated game.

The trouble with games is that as they get more and more detailed, the more seemingly little things missed out will jar your immersion as well. Some can be verlooked, others can be really annoying. I'm a big fan of gameplay over graphics, and I've been very immersed in older games as well, but lately those things have become a lot more apparent due to better graphics.

MP_Lord_Kee

Mar 7, 2003
Visit site
Cold Killer said:
Heh, I'm glad I don't know **** about guns, so none of these things will distract me:)

I'm with CK on this one... (scary to admit actually). Well, I do actually know somethings about weapons, been to the army and all and shot with a wide range of 'em but I'm pretty ignorant to details like that. :)

//Kee

The_Fur

Back in black
Nov 2, 2000
www.rlgaming.com
Heh I can remeber them (the stalker devs) saying they didn't want to include iron sights because it made shooting too hard or some such hogwash.

})FA|Snake

Aug 5, 2000
Visit site
knowing something about guns and shooting tends to ruin some action movies for me =)

Its not the actual graphic of the gun having the ejection port on the wrong side that makes me hesitate to buy this, its the fact they did it on purpose, and the attitude of the devs about stuff like that. I'll definitly be waiting for the review first