Sprinting

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

T-Shinzon

Sep 28, 2004
I played for a while a day or two ago, and it was excellent. :)

But the firefights (as attacker) got old (getting sniped) with the 1-speed thing going on. It's far too easy to pick off a person running at a single speed, especially for a sniper on defense. =/

So, to vary the speed more, I suggest some sort of sprint function (with sprint bar of course, like XMP or HL2 or a myriad of other games...) or something to vary the speed more.

Enfyrneaux

Apr 4, 2002
Later this afternoon
Visit site
For the time being you can crouch, which slows your movement speed down instead of speeding it up :hmm:

Sprinting is not a bad idea, but it needs to be used sparingly...perhaps most classes have a short sprint bar, and maybe one or two lighter ones have a longer bar. If sprinting is too easy, it will be mercilessly abused (especially on the map I'm working on :p).

EDIT - Perhaps some sort of force shield could be constructed to counter fast-moving objects (anything above walking speed), so sprinter abuse could be minimized by a smart defender.

Last edited:

FluXs

old skool
Feb 12, 2002
United Kingdom
I do like sprint feature... but then you need someway to stop people abusing it... in BF2 for example it seems pretty well balanced

rich_zap

Jul 18, 2004
Dissapearing into the fog !
hmm as this game is very fast simply losing the ability to fire your gun isnt really enough of a handicap... im personally against a sprint feature, you dont need it to avoid fire and there arent really any places you could use it to get to the fighting much quiker.

maniac12ca

May 2, 2002
Visit site
rich_zap said:
hmm as this game is very fast simply losing the ability to fire your gun isnt really enough of a handicap... im personally against a sprint feature, you dont need it to avoid fire and there arent really any places you could use it to get to the fighting much quiker.

Getting past those stupid artillery in Triumph 2.

maniac12ca

May 2, 2002
Visit site
Crash24 said:
How about waiting for a pause in the bombardment? That's what I do, anyways.
Eh, Unless I spawn right there, then I'm screwed. Then again, It stops in the enw version after the first obj, so. ^^

T-Shinzon

Sep 28, 2004
1 speed (or walking) = sniper fodder IMO

Not necessarily good, as there tend to be lots of choke points in DA2 maps.

Majai

Aug 18, 2004
I will agree there are a few maps with some really tuff points but its nothing a good team can not over come.

T-Shinzon

Sep 28, 2004
Doesn't matter if they're tough, they're still choke points.

It's far too easy to hit enemies with the sniper rifle IMO.

Sprinting probably would increase the lifetime of the average attacker (that uses it), and make it easier to hit objectives (the simple touch 'n' go objectives, anyway). It may also decrease the hit percentage of the average player against those who use it. This therefore should give the attackers a slight advantage, as they'll be the ones most using it.

stephen_wq

AKA The--Grim--Reaper
Dec 15, 2003
how about after sprinting you feel recoil more. Makes sense, if your tired, you cant resist the recoil as much. It could even make you slide backwards or something.
Falling over UT classic feign death styles would be halarious.