Spoogers Place Sold... New Owners

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Spooge

Digital Content Creator
Jul 9, 2000
TN -USA
www.planetunreal.com
Originally posted by DooMfreak

Hey, that sounds pretty cool. I simply love weather effects. Can this new system be configured for intensity? So you can, for example, simulate a light shower or a heavy one?

Sure, one way or another, mines set to a light rain since it goes better with the clouds. After I saw the snow version I was wishing I did a snow theme. Looks VERY cool. ;)

Anyway, some additional shots to ponder...

Can you feel the BASS?! You will ;) And yeah, the speaker cone PUMPS!
UnderGround5.jpg

Man was I thirsty!! BEEEEEEEEEELLLCCH!!!
UnderGround4.jpg

Islington

Sidekick
Jun 27, 2000
First, thanks for all the nice comments, they make feel all warm and fuzzy inside. :)

Anyways the rain and snow effects are just simple particle systems, so there realy is no code to look at Keek. That way the engine dont have to track collision/spawn/destroy for hundreds of sprites as well as display them.
This way of doing rain has drawbacks but only a few FPS drop and looks good, at least in this map.

jaymian

Sweet Merciful Crap!
Jan 25, 2001
This map has it all it seems. Kegs, NIN, system friendly rain...
Jaymian