1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Spider-Man 3 Teaser Trailer!

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by LifesBane(4Corners), Mar 10, 2006.

1. _Zd_Phoenix_

_Zd_Phoenix_ Queen of BuFdom

No chance. Last of a trilogy that hasn't shown a vindictive side and they're throwing in another girl and loads of villains? There'll be ups and downs for them but she'll be there at the end.

2. Nines

Nines With Rage Alive

That could be true. Anyway, that is more likely than the suit being the symbiot. :)

3. Synastren

Synastren Explodious!

The only black suit that Spider-Man had was the Venom symbiote; the Venom symbiote looks nothing like that.
    The picture was described as Spider-Man in his black suit [synonomous with the Venom "suit"]; as the Venom "suit" looks nothing like the picture, it looks like a horrible vision of what would be the Venom symbiote.
    Thus, it looks to be a horrible conceptualization of a concept which is absent from the decription. However, I realize that it was just a misleading description now, and that it was just dark lighting on the old movie Spidey suit.

My appologies.

4. klasnic

klasnic ra ra rat Putin!

Bah lose the nerd who plays spidey and I might show some interest :con:

5. Synastren

Synastren Explodious!

... but Spider-Man is supposed to be nerdy...
    If anything, Toby McGuire isn't as nerdy as Peter Parker should be.

6. klasnic

klasnic ra ra rat Putin!

The old spidey in the cartoons was more manish and less boyish if I remember right. I just think Mr. McGuire isn't as suited to the part as well as say Vin Diesel would be ;) :lol:

7. Synastren

Synastren Explodious!

Oh God. Not another Vin Diesel thing...
    And yes, Peter Parker in the cartoons was a nerd, but not quite as nerdy as the comics. Remember, it wasn't until the movie that Spider-Man could shoot webbing from his wrists. In the comics and cartoons, he made a compound contained in cartriges, which would the be loaded into a sort of launcher in order to use artifically manufactured "webbing." Which he all made in his house.
    About the only thing that McGuire's Spidey has done even remotely geeky was to manufacture his own costume.

8. klasnic

klasnic ra ra rat Putin!

Indeed he could at least have bought it online lolz

9. K

K i bite

McGuire plays the part perfect. I used to read the comics. I Think Kirsten Dunst is the perfect Mary J as well. All of the charicters were cast very well.

I hope they keep the same cast , and dont ruin it like they did with Batman.
    How many different Batman are there? 4?

10. BobCobb

BobCobb Society is a leech on me!

Since the movies are being released so close to one another, I'm sure the cast will remain the same. The batman movies were pretty spread out.

11. Rambowjo

Rambowjo Das Protoss

Yeah, and meeting up at a conversation about genetic radiation stuff, which is pretty nerdy imo

12. BobCobb

Plus, he went to a Doctors house to talk about fusion. Thats pretty nerdy as well. I believe if they made Peter Parker an nerdier, he wouldn't be able to connect with mainstream america, regardless of the geek is chic bull****.

13. _Zd_Phoenix_

It works with batman though, it's a real franchise. Even if you managed to get the same cast (which given the amount of time the Batman films have come over is impracticle and unlikely) it would be almost inconcievable that you could keep a director past a trilogy.

The first two Batman films were films by themselves, not part of a set storyline. Thus it doesn't matter that the sugared poison of Batman Returns and its focus on the world surrounding rather than the man, doesn't at all match with Batman Begins with it's more realistic style and inward focus (whereas opposed to that you get Spiderman or Harry Potter: both with very strong continuing stories, one that has benefitted from keepign the same strong creative force behind it and the other one suffering from sporadic quality because of one bad, one great and one not bad director).

The Batman films benefit from being their own entities in each case, allowing Batman and Robin to be dire without casting its shadow on any other film, however it does miss out on a building storyline (which might be remedied by the sequels to BB), which makes Spiderman 2 so damn good.

14. Synastren

Synastren Explodious!

That was a class field trip, if memory serves.

Alright, you have me on the fusion front, and your argument is good sense. :tup: I was just pointing out disparities. :)

15. GotBeer?

GotBeer? The nozzle is now calibrating

Spiderman actually shooting webbing out of his own body still wierds me out. I would have liked to see the old cartridges used, myself. Maybe to save time he could have developed the web formula in a montage. "We're gonna need a montage!"

On the black suit: I know it's not "traditional", but I'd like to see the Venom "suit" with webbing on it. All black, even with the big spider on the front, is just blah, especially for a big action movie.

16. BobCobb

They probably just did it that way in the comic to be lazy anyways. :)

17. _Zd_Phoenix_

Not only does the movie way save time, but it's more credible and just better in general. I mean if you're gonna get spider senses and walk up buildings, why not the full package?

18. Destro7000

Destro7000 Beware the Apartment Emus

All of the shots in there were from the orig movies o_O except 2 of them which are from B-monster movies :D

It's all bull, wait for the official one.

However - the X-Men 3 main trailer just came out. Not looking too good atm.

Last edited: Mar 10, 2006
  19. SugarBear

SugarBear Sadly Un-Surreal

I didn't feel like reading the whole thing but, you guys know that those are combinations of several movies, like spiderman 1,2 The Mummy and in case some of you have never seen the movie, venm in those clips is a user edited version......SPAWN!!!!

oh and that first picture of spiderman in his "black costume" is also not spidey in black, that was a promo shot of the Alex Ross designed Spiderman 2 costume that's been switched to black and white and used as a promo, as Alex's design is back in the mix.

/edit, also, the X3 trailer did not just come out, the third X3 trailer just came out, the new Rocky Teaser DID just come out though.

Last edited: Mar 10, 2006
  20. Super Feen

Super Feen probably not a skrull

I concur about the mourning thing, cuz you know, Gwen Stacy is in this movie.