1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

SpeeechPad v0.51

Discussion in 'Infiltration Development' started by Crowze, Dec 22, 2003.

1. Crowze

Crowze Bird Brain

Seeing as though the release of v0.50 got lost in the v0.40 thread, I may as well start a new one.

Download.

EDIT: Seems the CS web server is currently down. If the above link doesn't work, try this one.

Just to give an idea of what it is, here's a snippet from the readme:
    Changes from the last version:

Last edited: Dec 22, 2003
  2. Crowze

Crowze Bird Brain

*Bumpity*

I've got a little website which has a slightly less error-prone and slightly more useful guide to SpeechPad, you'll find it here. Enjoy.

Last edited: Jan 6, 2004
  3. comandore

comandore Ninja Master

Dude its looking great !1110
    Cant wait to get to try it online.

4. Derelan

Derelan Tracer Bullet

i feel like the only one who uses the numpad to move...

5. geogob

geogob Koohii o nomimasu ka?

In presonnaly think this position is not ergonomic for a right handed person. I prefer to use the part of the keyboard totally opposite to the mouse (e.g. the qwer/asdf/zxcv part) for all common navigation keys. But my layout is unusual because left mouse is fire and right mouse is walk. Anyhow, this is way of topic... I just feeled like talking about important thing in life... like my key binds. But those i use in quake 3 are even more weird... but that's even more off topic.

'nite

6. mat69

mat69 just fooling around

*bump*
    Is there any process with Speechpad?
    Beppo:
    Crowze:

7. zeep

zeep :(

I must try to set up speechpad some time. My keyboard binds are so many now and so spread out that many times i say the wrong thing.
    My mouse setup is like this too. In all first person and 3rd person games like gta/gta-vc. Sometimes i do question it tho; Because of pressing rmb to walk my mouse moves a bit and my aim is off.
    /OT

Last edited: Jul 23, 2004
  8. mat69

I started setting up speechpad and it's great! I made some test-settings and now I am working on a overall concept. The only problem I have is that I don't see many, if there are any, servers using it. I'm not sure if this mutator created problems online.

9. Crowze

Crowze Bird Brain

No progress I'm afraid, other projects have taken priority. I'm not aware of any problems online, and I think GD and AFA servers run it.

10. mat69

The only drawback I came across so far is that it's not possible to add a message like this "1 enemy", it's only possible to add a message without any space between each word, while the message looks perfect if you choose your stuff posting it won't work properly. Also adding several commands to one key (like adding a word and automatically jumping up to the old menu) does not work with " | " is there another way?

11. Grunt11Bravo

Grunt11Bravo [AFA6]

Hi Crowze:

Can't access the site for download.

12. {GD}Odie3

{GD}Odie3 You Give Odie a Boner

The current SpeechPad (I think) is in my GDMutie Pack. Get it from my sig.

Crowze, get with me if you would like some ftp space. I would be happy to provide a directory/login for you.

Last edited: Jul 27, 2004
  13. geogob

geogob Koohii o nomimasu ka?

Wow Grunt... haven't seen you in a while! wb.

14. Crowze

Crowze Bird Brain

15. mat69

I wanted to test the EXEC scripts but somehow they do not work here.
    I've activated executing scripts ExecScripts=True
    Then I've created a file name EAS-INF-Iraq.txt in ../Exec/ that is UT/Exec and then I've created a Default.txt in the same folder which undoes the changes of the Iraq.txt.

Iraq.txt:
    Code:
    say SpeechPad: This map is Iraq.
    SP_set Command 40 CD1;teamsay I am going for the left CD!
    SP_set Command 41 CD2;teamsay I am going for the right CD!
    SP_set Command 42 Extraction;teamsay I am covering the Extraction Area!
    SP_set Menu 24 Iraq;c40;c41;c42
    SP_set Menu 7 Sonstiges;m5;;m24;m6
    So if I start Iraq he first line - SpeechPad: This map is Iraq - appears but everything else not.
    And if I exec this file by hand (exec ../Exec/EAS-INF-Iraq.txt) it is not working proberly, the menu appears, c40 and 41 and 42 appear but do not work.

Btw. what does the bServerAllowPad=False mean? If SP is activated on the Server if I am running one?

Last edited: Aug 4, 2004
  16. Crowze

Crowze Bird Brain

Wow... time to dig out the old source code.

bServerAllowPad doesn't (shouldn't) do anything, at least I can't find or remember it anywhere... is that getting written into the ini automatically?

EDIT: Ahh, it's been so long since I've looked at this. If you press the reset key to get you to the main menu level, do the new things show up? Also, are there any SpeechPad: messages in your log file?

Last edited: Aug 4, 2004
  17. mat69

I didn't find any information in the log file.
    Nothing worked. :(
    I'm not sure if this line was added automatically, but I did nothing there I just edited the ini. The new things are in a submenu, so you have to enter one menu on the main menu level first.

18. mat69

I'm just interested but did the exec-feature work for anybody?

I did test a bit further:
    Only text messages - no matter how many - seem to be executed.
    If I execute it by hand nearly everything is as wanted:
    Code:
    Menu[7]=Sonstiges;m5;;m24;m6
    Menu[24]=Iraq;c40;c41;c42
    Command[40]=CD1;teamsay
    Command[41]=CD2;teamsay
    Command[42]=Extraction;teamsay
    The problem is that the messages I want to say are missing, so I tried the same thing without teamsay but with mutate. It did not work this time as well, now there is only "mutate".

Edit: I think the problem is the sp_set thing, it is not working proberly. I think that the lines i entered are interpreted to be ended at "teamsay" so no blanks are accepted, and you even only get so far if you execute it by hand.
    So making all the commands you need in the speech.ini and only "activating" them if you switch to a certain map should work I guess, but that would be a cheap "workaround".

Last edited: Aug 11, 2004
  19. Burger

Burger Lookin' down the iron-sights...

ok, i dunno if it's a coding screwup on my part, but i use the morekeys mutator command that drops claymores, and allows for a Reportdirection command at the same time to be carried out. Problem is, it doesn't work.

Here's the code:
    Code:
    Command[23]=Claymore;mutate claymore | mutate direction Planting Claymore. Facing %C. %b
    Command[24]=Cover smoke;mutate whiteflare | Mutate direction Deploying Smoke %c of my position. %b
    Command[25]=Drop CD;mutate dropCD | Mutate direction Dropping CD! facing %C. %b

I have the c23/c24/c25 commands entered too. Is it the (|) character that separated commands or something?

20. Harper [Jgkdo]

Harper [Jgkdo] New Member

MoreKeys requires that you execute its mutate commands without spaces at the end, so instead of
    Code:
    Command[23]=Claymore;mutate claymore | mutate direction Planting Claymore. Facing %C. %b
    you need to write
    Code:
    Command[23]=Claymore;mutate claymore|mutate direction Planting Claymore. Facing %C. %b
    Though it might still not work with SpeechPad, because it seems that SpeechPad doesn't interpret the "|" character the same way the key setup in InfiltrationUser.ini does, so you can only setup basic commands without the seperator "|".
    But that's just my evaluation about the SpeechPad part, I think Crowze can give you more details about it.