1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Speed hack

Discussion in 'Hardware, Software & Troubleshooting' started by l.o.v.e., Nov 2, 2004.

1. l.o.v.e.

l.o.v.e. New Member

I recently installed the ECE Bonus pack after the installation i seem to be having problem durning game play....jerly movements or what seems like bad lag. I have got the message 'Speed Hack Detected'

Anyone else have this problem...Any suggestions

2. {DôM}C.A.R.

{DôM}C.A.R. 99(54x-79z)+UR MOM=WTF

Hmm, you say it just started after u installed ECE? I've had "speedhack" before and from what Ive heard, its just eccess lag.
    If u might have gotten a slower internet connection since uve installed it that might be it. But other then that I dont know why u would be getting speedhack now and not before u installed ECE. If u still have problems, u might wanna email or call tech support.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 2, 2004
  3. B

B Bee

Its a bug caused by lag. The server sees you on a certain location, you move around but you lag (might not be notable) and for the server you suddenly are on a different location. The server didn't "see" you move there because of the lag and thinks you cheat because you "move" so fast.

Nothing you can do about it as far as I know (besides checking your network settings in UT.)

4. l.o.v.e.

l.o.v.e. New Member

Thats the best discription of the problem yet....I didn't think it was lag because the ping was good. But i think u are right.
    thx

5. Renegade Retard

Renegade Retard Defender of the newbie

It's been common for a few months to get this due to lag and packet loss I believe. The next patch which is due any day now is supposed to fix this.

6. Thufir Hawat

Thufir Hawat New Member

someone told me that i used speed hack in ut2004 multiplaying. I hate cheating and i dont use any cheat program. but my graphic card ati radeon 9550 GE and over-clocked. is related about over-clock?

and sometimes i recieved a message:
    "thufir hawat: speed hack detected."
    what is this?

Last edited: Aug 9, 2005
  7. Crowze

Crowze Bird Brain

As said above, its a problem with lag, and nothing to do with overclocking. If you keep having problems with it, yell at your server admins to tone down or turn off the speed hack detection on the server.

8. edhe

edhe ..dadhe..

There's a good chance is Packet Loss on your connection (choose a better server/sort out your connection/turn off Peer to Peer sharing) or your system clock's running funny. Check it's at the right speed for your chip. If not, turn it off and back on, should be better, try again. If it's persistently the system clock then it could be overheating.