1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Specific DM Maps Stategies...

Discussion in 'Original Unreal Tournament' started by mobace, Mar 10, 2002.

1. mobace

mobace rimmerlike :(

I've never played much CTF but decided to join a couple 1v1 ladders. I'm curious, I have some knowledge of a couple maps but in general most of the maps even that Ive played and walked through Im kinda lost on. Just wondering if there are any sites that run through map strategies?

2. PuppyShade

PuppyShade I did something m0tarded and now I have read only access! :(

you mean DM right ?

1 on 1 is a thinking man's game... Know your opponent
    the map makes little difference if your the smarter player

3. The_Inflictor

The_Inflictor Honest and unmerciful

Depends what rules are played.

If weapon stay is off and powerups are on, its all about ownage.

Anticipation of moves and knowing short cuts will help in fragging the opponent.

Being unpredicable and not following your opponent around corners will help you stay alive. I've always found that stopping for about 10 seconds can throw your oppoents timing if they happen to spot you from a distance.

4. PuppyShade

PuppyShade I did something m0tarded and now I have read only access! :(

liandri for example... if you see the guy go into the flak area at the bottom, go up around the rocket launcher, and launch them combo's to the portal where you get the armor..

and practice your moving combo's, i dont mean forwards and back, i mean shoot a ball, jump off ledge and combo it... it gets easier the more you do it, and you barely have to lead the ball, so its kinda easy in that respect, but no one expects it, usually if you shoot off a ball, then move a little bit, people assume you've given up on it .. One time on Tempest, i came in through the doorway into the shield area ( coming from the shock\amp area )
    the guy was standing straight on with the door but up on the ledge, i shot a ball and headed for the stairs, he didnt move at all, i jumped, spun and combo'ed him, he flew all the way out past the mini and was hitting his "Nice Shot" bind the whole time

5. mobace

mobace rimmerlike :(

yeah its not so much weapon skills im intersted in as map strategies but thanks for both farmer