Special Forces Class

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.
May 26, 2005
Since DA2 needs some kind of badass class like all other class based mods out there have one like the spy from Team Fortress Classic from Half-Life 1 but the class won't exchange uniforms. The primary weapon can be some kind of carbine preferbly an M4ish looking assault rifle and he can have a silenced pistol and some C4. I don't know this just rushed to my mind anyone want to add on to this?

Last edited:

Enfyrneaux

Apr 4, 2002
Later this afternoon
Visit site
Honestly, that just sounds like a regular infantryman with a silenced pistol and some mines - as infantry are already pretty badass ingame.

Why?
-Infantry have the most armor, so they're already the toughest
-They are the second fastest class (EDIT - well I sure thought they were :p )
-The assault rifle is the second most accurate weapon ingame (okay, it looks more like a FAMAS than an M4, but we're going for that "semi-futuristic" look in DA2 ;) )
-They have the more accurate pistol type
-One extra grenade, making three

Like you said the suggestion was a bit rushed, but it's not a worthless idea. I think that the team will be bringing claymore mines (i.e. C4) into DA2 in some future release. However, I doubt that the infantry will have mines simply because they are so powerful.

Last edited:

SiN-BiN

Aug 21, 2004
I think the less referenced the weapons are to modern day weapons the better.

Helioth

Exhalted Presence
Oct 9, 2005
Berlin
helioth.deviantart.com
C4 is just plastic explosives (not neccesarily mines), and. . . correct me if i'm wrong but Medic is the fastest, followed by sniper, then infantry mgunner and mech all have the same runspeed (a.armor being the slowest), no ?

Well anyway, I'd like to see some kind of rogue class while were on the topic, stealth + melee : ]

SiN-BiN

Aug 21, 2004
Infantry is the fourth fastest, after Medic, Mech and Sniper.

The Rogue idea sounds very RPG'ish.

FluXs

old skool
Feb 12, 2002
United Kingdom
yeah, we got the bitch modelled (see site) just its not animated :p

If someone can animate it, it will be in sooner rather than never :)

FukMeHo

Nov 24, 2004
I agree on the making the mgunner more powerfull'.. it's not a very good class right now. But i know, 1.1 will have less accurate automatic mguns, so machinegunners can be more helpful in the near future.

Yoshimoto

Giant Squirrel
Oct 30, 2005
In A Tree Gathering My Nuts
The Machine Gunner needs more kick because I find that it's easier to kill people with the Aussalt Rifle. I've no problems with the speed or recoil but I'd like to have defending a bit more effective for the Machine Gunner.