1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Spawnprotection on INFGERMANY TDM

Discussion in 'Infiltration Online' started by Neabit, Apr 5, 2005.

1. Neabit

Neabit New Member

As of today INFGERMANY use spawnprotection. In detail you are 3 second when you stand and 6 second when you moving at start invulnerably. Thus blindnades (granade and 40mm at start and end of round) should be no problem more and you have the cance if you spawn in visibility from enemy go in coverage.

2. Crowze

Crowze Bird Brain

I appreciate the move but if you're having problems with spawning in view you should either use different maps or use the hidden spawns mutator.

3. Vega-don

Vega-don arreté pour detention de tomate prohibée

that ll be funny when someone joins late :D

4. Nukeproof

Nukeproof n1

There are no late joiners in TDM and we gonna dig into 'hidden-spawn'

5. Neabit

Neabit New Member

@ Crowze can i see my teammates by hidden spawn? If not is hidden spawn no option for us in TDM with Randomteamspawn.

6. Crowze

Crowze Bird Brain

:lol: it doesn't hide spawners literally, I believe it chooses the spawn points so that no enemy is in a direct line of sight. Not sure how well it'll work with RandomTeamSpawn, but still worth a try.

7. Neabit

Neabit New Member

mhh is that not includet by RTS? Where can i download this hidden spawns mutatore?

8. Crowze

Crowze Bird Brain

Last edited: Apr 6, 2005
  9. Harper [Jgkdo]

Harper [Jgkdo] New Member

The DTAS RTS does a check for LOS, though IIRC it is only done for the original spawn starting points.
    Explanation: 2 points are chosen, they are valid if there is no LOS between them, afterwards two additional points next to those are chosen and players are spawned at a line between both pair of points. It might happen that along this path player can see some players of the enemy team.
    Usually LOS spawn shouldn't happen because after the first spawnpoint is chosen only the furthest points (20%) are possible for the other team. (a list of spawnpoints is created sorted by the distance to the first chosen spawn, the second spawnpoint is taken from the last fifths of the list)

From what I have read about the HiddenSpawn mutator it wouldn't do much good at the beginning of a round.
    From the description I have found it takes all currently living players and computes their LOS towards the wouldbe spawnpoint. If ANY enemy has LOS to that spawnpoint, it is rejected and one of the 16 closest (to the wouldbe spawnpoint) spawns is taken. If all those are in LOS the original one will be taken.
    IMO this is semi useful for a round start because it will either scatter your team if it works or wouldn't do anything at all because players spawn simultanously.

As for compatibility with RTS, though I haven't tested it I am pretty sure it will work Though it might be necessary to have both mutators in a certain order (RTS first, then HiddenSpawn, because RTS selects the base spawnpoint and you probaly don't want HiddenSpawn to select a spawnpoint and let RTS randomize it afterwards ;) )

If you experience too many LOS spawns you could either
    a) increase the number of points which are considered "near", ini setting PercentageOfNearPoints
    b) use bigger maps :rolleyes:
    c) use this hidden spawn mutator
    d) stick with the spawnprotection, it sounds useful, though I don't understand why moving players get more time than standing ones. Six seconds are quite a long time especially for TDM sized maps.

[EDIT]
    Got another question: Are you completly invulnerable (no stamina drain on hit) or won't you just not die?
    [/EDIT]

10. Taque

Taque Custom User Title

I agree with Harper, you'd think that, if anything, it'd be the other way around. Those who choose to sprint off somewhere are taking a risk by getting closer to the enemy faster - they shouldn't be rewarded with a longer invulnerability. I found when LOS spawns occur, the first to die are those still standing. ;)

Edit: Just read Harper's edit, and 6 seconds would make sense if there is the stamina hit. :eek:

11. Neabit

Neabit New Member

Sometime we had problem that AFK Player block other teammates then we must have cance to kill them. We test it on Peru with 6 second think should not be a problem.

Only not die but stamina drain on hit.