Spawning Different Teams?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Tiggy

Sep 15, 2000
I'd like to have a team game that recognizes PlayerStarts for the specific teams, and then only puts players on those teams. So if the PlayerStarts were for teams 2 and 3, then the Green and Gold teams would be the only ones there.

Any idea how I might go about implementing this?

--
Tiggy

ca

CHiMERiC Grandmaster
Oct 11, 1999
www.unrealscript.com
Yeah, just set the team on your playerstarts, and then in your gameinfo you are going to have to alter the login a bit - specifically the function that finds a start/spawn spot for a player. FindPlayerStart() or something like that, sorry I'm too lazy to go look, but just gander down GameInfo and DeathmatchPlus and I'm sure you'll find it. Start with login() and trace the process from there...

related idea ...

hi, by not assigning any team info to playerstarts am i causing a problem in team games? i'm having a heckuva time tracking down the cause of TeamGamePlus.ScoreKill accessing None ...

No warnings in solo play, but a variable number of the above warnings when in a Team Deathmatch ... And it seems to occur independent of my scripted trap functions running, it happens when they're not running, and before they've ever been run at all in some games, yet they change nothing before they're called, just put some values in some local vars ... ???