1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

spawnies server

Discussion in 'Unreal 2' started by BlueX, Jan 5, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BlueX

BlueX Soldier

the server that wants to save xmp.

1) plays too many bullsh*t maps
    2) has the fuking worst ping for almost every single player
    3) has cock loving whores for admins, not allowing people to play

got to the love the way she tries to keep xmp alive.

Last edited: Jan 6, 2006
  2. CrazyLittleOne

CrazyLittleOne New Member

i get good ping with 16 or less people and no turret whores in tehre

*edit to repost my complaint etc*

I got banned from Spawns server today.

For those of you that want to here the story, those of you that don't, and those of you who have no opinion, here’s the story.

I was playing XMP in Spawnies XMP Server today with Challenger and there had been multiple good maps in a row (for once) and we were having fun pwning everyone. All of the sudden I see "Loading next level XMP-AMP-Overlord-Alpha2" and I decide that my good map streak is ruined. Also, for the record, I start off the map like any normal map running around shooting people and hacking stuff. Then, since I'm so bored and It's such a crappy map, I flag down Challenger and we decide to have a little fun. The deploys on the map take 1/1000000th of a second to hack (one of the reasons I hate that map) so Challenger and I start hacking. We're hacking the deploy really fast and it's spamming on everyone's screen and we're having a good time until Spawn(H&W) says "stop that or i will ban you smot." I believe it was at that point that I got my first kick from the server. I quickly rejoin and start playing like normal, occasionally sneaking over to the deploy to hack it with Challenger (slower this time so as not to attract attention) and I get around 10k so I start playing again. After about 3 minutes of playing I get bored once again so I decide to try to win a GVG using only concussion grenades. I'm doing pretty good, killing the occasional ranger and tech with them, but no gunners. I've conced every blue player at least 6 times a piece but I haven't gotten that GVG kill I was hoping for. I keep concing all the opponent gunners I see and spawn(h&w) starts getting annoyed. She says "stop being a dick smot" and of course I reply with "Sorry." "im tryin to win a gvg with conc nades" she says nothing so I keep going. I think I get her once (still not sure if it was me or something else because I was blinded when it happened but she fell to her death.) I keep concing every blue player available in hopes that I will get a gunner. Still nothing. Then all of the sudden spawn(h&w) spawns (no pun intended) right in front of me so I conc her. I get her with a couple of good ones the BAM I kill her. I leap for joy on the inside but two seconds later I see "Your IP address has been banned from this server."

The End.

Now discuss weather conc spamming is a bannable cause, and if it is does that make gas spamming a bannable cause? How about turret spamming? (It’s even worse, not only is it uber annoying, it also lags the server) How about deploy point hacking? They’re all parts of the game, so they shouldn’t be bannable causes. If you’re going to play a map where the deploys can be hacked that fast you shouldn’t be allowed to ban for people hacking them.

*second edit*

Very often I find myself playing in Spawnies XMP Server when the admin (either spawn(h&w) spawn(h&w)2 or StonedAussie) change the map to something very small and annoying such as boxworld. This usually happens with at least 14 players in the game so it's very small and crowded. Sometimes one team wins in under 10 minutes, so the admin starts it over. More than half the players in the server express complaints towards the current map. This can repeat an upwards of 5 times. The next map is usually either chasmchaos (6 raps 3 gens 2 nodes 2 deps with one gen in the middle and sloping floors) which is extremely boaring because one team always consists of players sitting in the raptors using the turrets to kill everything, or Pitfall (with 4 deps, 4 gens, and 2 nodes. the gens are sunken down into the floor so that when one team gets control of all four they can then place turrets along the rim and launch gas grenades into the pit) this is also crap. After those two comes a crappy garden of their choosing.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 6, 2006
  3. (GR)Killer

(GR)Killer ...

If only i had the free server...3 new xmp servers..1 all stock maps and good maps...1 training day server..1 practise server (always locked).

4. EggsILikeEggs

EggsILikeEggs New Member

MAPS MAPS MAPS
    Who the Fứck decided that 4(boxworld)+3(chaosprt1)+3(pitfall)+Overlord = Good Rotation? XMP just isn't a Deathmatch game. It's the "Lets cram everyone into a little gasbox, and give them 2 cars and a schoolbus" attitude that killed XMP. All the maps do is cover the fact that most of the players in the server just can't kill people on an open map. Lots of places for gas and turret spam. What possible reason is there for the map choice? Is someone THAT fứcked in the head that they think it's great? Is it because the admin who usually does it (Aussie) isn't skilled enough to play on real maps?(VERY likely) OR... Is it just for the sake of attempting to cover up the fact that the server really IS a piece of ****. How I can have a ping under 100 and STILL lag... is beyond me.It feels like the server has a tickrate of about 2.(That's server fps Spawn) Whatever you pay for the server... you're getting ripped off bigtime. But if the weak server is a reason for small maps... Why the fứck would you follow them up with a SHlT big garbage map like Garden Of Eden? Stick with the simple classic stock garden. Not the cheap craptasic remakes. the only good remake map is Gecko, which Runs and plays MUCH better than NaKoja.

Smot gets banned for trying to kill people with conc nades (Which DOES require a fair amount of skill)... Yet its almost IMPOSSIBLE to go into the server and not see at least 3 or 4 people spamming gas, turrets, and forcewalls everywhere which is VERY annoying, lags teh server, requires little or no skill whatsoever, and is greatly encouraged by the typical cứnt-tastic map choices. Gas chambers are for Nazis! Turret spam!!! Turret spam!!! Turret spam!!!NO skill at all (drop and run), annoying as fứck, Lags the server more than anything else. GREAT IDEA!!! Let them lag the server and kill as many teammates as opponents, but ban people for trying to actually have fun and make a challenge for themselves using an often overlooked yet extremely effective weapon.

AWESOME IDEA!!!

Last one for the night...
    You say that you are "saving" the game, but how are you SAVING it? ban an entire clan of good skilled players? Making the server as no-talent-friendly as you can so the few skilled players that haven't walked away in disgust can spend their time wallowing though a laggy storm of gas and turrets? Threaten to ban people for complaining or pointing out the unmistakable inadequacy of the server?

Part of being a good admin is always trying to make the server enjoyable for everyone. How hard is it to make a good map rotation? You know EXACTLY how ridiculous the rotation in the server is. When people complain the first thing out of your mouth should NOT be "stfu and play or else!" If it runs poorly... It's either time to either upgrade or find a better host. As much as I disliked NB I can say without a doubt that in the end they had a MUCH better server and after they finally calmed down a bit the adminning was not bad at ALL. ALMOST makes me wish they'd stayed. You're the only host left. Don't you feel a LITTLE responsible to try and make the server good for everyone? why wou

Ok, ummm I fell asleep and forgot what I was posting about so I'm just going to stop and go to bed! Night peeps!

5. (GR)Killer

(GR)Killer ...

Never heard of you before...anyway they should find a better host! i'm not a rich person and money is tight or i'd easily buy a server (not a cheap one...those are crap). I think they only like those maps because they aren't good at XMP so they try and cram asmuch point whore maps as they can to get the most points and to think they are good because they got top score by turrets/gas. I may not have a great shot but i don't like stooping to that level. When your ping hits 300 for an american server and ur american or canadian and FPS 30 with a 6800GT you know there are problems...

6. dutch_gecko

dutch_gecko Think Pink

*bows*

7. [jetronic]

[jetronic] New Member

y dont u guys buy your own server?im sure its possible to find a good one for 50$,€ dunno ;).

8. ]BERSERK[

]BERSERK[ [pet]mouse

Peoples are good to complain!

Yes i have a bad ping, yes i dont like the maps and the gazer are anoying... But whatever, its not my damn server, so i stfu and play as you should all do! Dang! Its like the boxing days... peoples complain: There is too many peoples and bla bla bla... Dont ****ing go to the store buying your stupid useless stuff to save a couples of bux!

2nd point. Saving the game... Saving wut?

Note to challenger: <3

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 6, 2006
  9. XMP.Arc

XMP.Arc +-aka Arcturus, HalcYoN, goBOT etc-+

while i have empathy w/ complaints( ping, map selection etc...) i can find no fault with anyone who runs an XMP server.
    they are a rare commodity right now.... i personally have a blast on spawnies.
    for those who think server X, NB or MyU was better stfu since they are all gone...

10. Whitey

Whitey [pet]flamingo

:flame: meh... I get a crap ping and think the maps kinda suck. But, I play anyways. I'm not going to bother complaining. Won't do me any good. If I do THAT then I wouldn't get to play at ALL. :flame:

11. (GR)Killer

(GR)Killer ...

STFU or i'll ban you from the bathroom again!:lol:

12. GotBeer?

GotBeer? The nozzle is now calibrating

13. dutch_gecko

dutch_gecko Think Pink

14. {NoBull}Jem

{NoBull}Jem COD2 Baby!

I think he's referring to, if you had supported the NB server it would still be around. And guess what? He's right.

We paid $100 a month for an xmp server that wouldn't lag for you a**holes. AND we had "player of the week" to let YOU FARKING PPL CHOOSE YOUR OWN MAP ROTATION.

I have to admit, after all the warnings I gave about her banning all the wrong ppl etc., this is extremely funny to me, especially since I'm having such a farking good time in COD2. :D

It's a rocking good game, after you adjust. The tactics are more intense and guess what? PunkBuster IS COMING, W00t. In addition to PB, new maps and updates are going to follow.

We switched our $100 a month, waste of time xmp server to cod2 and we're full 24/7. And guess what else? We actually get praised for our no cheat stance in THAT game. :D

Well anyways, if any of you xmp ppl want to step up and pay $100 a month for a lag free xmp server, let me know, I'll give ya the link to the host.

15. dutch_gecko

dutch_gecko Think Pink

I was told COD2 is full of exploits. Good luck with that ;)

16. {NoBull}Jem

{NoBull}Jem COD2 Baby!

1) There's ALREADY an anti-exploit, of which is on our server. Works like a charm I may add.

2) PunkBuster is due out in a few weeks as well as numerous other anticheat programs. :D

3) And COD2 has killcam, a nifty little thing that shows you how you were killed. Which makes it uber easy to spot haxors. ;)

And the HUGE difference with COD2 and XMP is that a MAJORITY of ppl hate haxors and do not embrace them.

17. CrazyLittleOne

CrazyLittleOne New Member

one problem... there are no real hacks in xmp... that is why i did not play in your server... people who were alot better than you were considered hackers (glee, ho etc) and we all know they werent hacking... thus your server was annoying and filled with "i think * is hacking" "stop hacking *" etc etc... also, if one person in your clan held a grudge aganist someone, the admins would all suddenly get a grudge aganist that person, so you would have zeus cussing you out for tking redx (that wasnt what happened, just chose zeus and redx as an example, but that idea in general has happened to me)

18. {NoBull}Jem

{NoBull}Jem COD2 Baby!

Lmfao, whatever. Go have fun in spawnies, oh wait, you can't, you were banned, ahahahahahahahaha.

Done with game (which rocked) and this community (which didn't).

Have fun. :D

19. ]BERSERK[

]BERSERK[ [pet]mouse

I forgot how vicious you are! :clap:

20. XMP.Arc

XMP.Arc +-aka Arcturus, HalcYoN, goBOT etc-+

thanx for sharing your brightness...
    btw you can have that game (COD2)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.