SP Lightsuit changes

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Nexys

Jan 4, 2006
I'd like to change the type of light that's used for the player's lightsuit, but I'm not sure how to do this. I'd also like to remove the power drain and HUD indicator (I'm aiming for a really simple flashlight). If someone could let me know what code needs to be altered, where it is, and generally what form the changes would take, that would be great.

Thanks.

Parser

Hello
May 7, 2002
England baby!
fraghouse.beyondunreal.com
Alrighty!

First of all, if you want to modify the light itself, A_SuitLight.uc is the file you want to be looking at. You can change any of its properties such as the colour, radius, brightness, etc.

If you want to get rid of the HUD and power drain, you need to dig slightly deeper.

1) Open SPPawn.uc and go to line 177.
Change the line from
Code:
(!On && RP.LightSuitPower > 0)
to just
Code:
(!On)

2) Open up A_SuitLight.uc
Delete the Timer() and PostBeginPlay() functions completely.

3) Open up SPHUD.uc
Delete this part of the code but nothing else:
Code:
				Case 0:
					C.StrLen("Light Suit Power: 000",XL,YL);
					C.SetPos(C.ClipX - XL,0);
					Number = RP.LightSuitPower;
					C.DrawText("Light Suit Power:" @Number);
					break;

I think that should do it. Let me know if it doesn't work!