Soundpack installation problems..need help, please !!

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

figgehedberg

Jan 22, 2005
Hi!

I've just aqcuired UT 2003 (final retail version) and trying to install the game. The problem is that there is a big mark on the cd and the sondpack can't be read, ergo installation fails.
Has any friendly soul got any idea what I can do?

Lopar-XL

Currently trying to mend my mind, etc.
Jul 8, 2005
USA
profile.imageshack.us
Well, if the disc is damaged, then you should return it to the store from which you purchased it and either get a refund or a replacement. Frankly, I think you should ditch UT2003 and get UT2004, preferrably the Editor's Choice Edition on DVD. UT2K4, in case you didn't know, includes all the content from the previous game, and more. It includes optimized netcode, enhanced features (built-in music player, demo recording and playback from a menu, Community chat and loads more), more gametypes (including the return of Assault and the addition of Onslaught), plus tons and tons more stuff. If you pick up any of the DVD editions of the game, you will also get a second disc featuring dozens of Video Training Modules that show you how to make all kinds of stuff for the game. The main game disc also includes 3D modeling and painting software to get you started right out of the box. Go to the Unreal Tournament Web site for more details. If you can't return the disc, then I suggest you try cleaning the disc off with one of those off-the-shelf disc cleaning kits (Discwasher, et al).