1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Sony just announced the price of the PS3 and its games

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by tool, May 8, 2006.

1. pwnghetti & leetballs

pwnghetti & leetballs Barnacle Blitzkrieg!

That article is retarded... He's trying too hard to be like Maddox.

2. ReD_Fist

ReD_Fist New Member

I would think the price will be set just low enough so you can't buy a computer wich will match it for games-graphics-new type of DVD-convenience-compare to xbox price-and what the market will bear.

If they sell to low of price then they can't lower it a year from now when xbox does to compete.
    So all the lame rich kids and the rest of the suckers will give them the initial profit because it's new, to keep up with the joneses.
    "I got a PS3" woot woot, but in fact a PC is still better. Even those big screen TV's can all dissapear, 2000$ for a TV, how stupid can it get.

Besides nintendo is gonna clean up anyway,I hope sony and macIntosh computers go belly up.And Xbox stays , and all those games for 50 bucks is way out of hand,hell gimmie Pong.

3. Ice Dragoon

Ice Dragoon Yes, we have Flack.

yay pong

when ps3 and the wii come out, there will be more wii fans than ps3 fans.

4. Mister_Prophet

Mister_Prophet .

This is the truth. It says a lot when Golden Eye and Perfect Dark still out play most new console shooters as far as fun factor goes.

Last edited: May 18, 2006
  5. Ice Dragoon

very true.
    2D Sonic games are the same way.

6. Mister_Prophet

Mister_Prophet .

I used to play Mario 3 on my gameboy advance like every day in college before I graduated. :)

7. ReD_Fist

ReD_Fist New Member

I am sure it's gonna be good and some cool games and the ease of not formating,drivers,etc etc, but I like tuning my computer,it's a game in itself.

My only biggest worry is everyone (kids) are going to think that computers don't play or run games, hence we won't get anything good for the PC any more.Seems it's allmost that way allready,I either have to wait for a soso game get real old and play it, like serious sam or Alice, and like 10 to 15 bucks so's I can play somthing new.(old but new to me)

Then the only new games (to me FPS only) is FEAR and like 2 others and thats it.Hardly any good selection now for a year or more, it used to be the whip, PC was killing sega genises or SNES so hell ya PC ruled.
    I hope we don't get left out.

8. Mister_Prophet

Mister_Prophet .

I wouldn't worry about the PC, for me it's the same principle as Nintendo. I still have days where I get home from work and all I want to do is kill a few hundred aliens in the Skirmish mode of AVP.

9. Ice Dragoon

yeah. hey i've still got the NES version...somewhere

10. W0RF

W0RF BuF Greeter, News Bagger

That's why I'm excited about the new Sonic game on the Wii. From the impressions I've read, it's going away from the wandering around exploring aspect of the previous 3d games, and concentrating on running fast and bashing thing, old skool.

11. Mister_Prophet

Mister_Prophet .

The whole exploring crap got old fast didn't it? Suddenly every game had you running around...finding keys, talking to villagers who talked about mysterious places suggestively, wandering around environments for hours fighting random monsters, getting lost for hours in these environments fighting monsters ect. It was fun as hell. At first. Now when I play an adventure game that has me going to a generic adventure game village with cheap Zelda knock-offs posing as "innovation" I just yearn for an 8-bit sidescroller.

12. W0RF

W0RF BuF Greeter, News Bagger

It was okay early on. Sort of. At least with Mario, collecting stars was about 75% optional. I started to balk when Jet Force Gemini artificially doubled its playtime by forcing me to find every single damn bear in the game. When Banjo-Kazooie demanded I find puzzle pieces, I grumbled through it because the characters were quirky and cool. I played DK64 for about five minutes and I'm not sure I've played a traditional platformer since.

I take that back. I discovered Rocket: Robot on Wheels a bit late, but it's a great game by Suckerpunch, who then left us Nintendo fanbois to make Sly on the PS2. I also missed out on Jak and Ratchet, so whether either of those two franchises are any good, I may never know.

But yeah, Mario's about the only platformer I'm even remotely interested in at the moment. The oddball games like Guitar Hero and the DS/Wii stuff have my attention.

13. ilkman

ilkman The Outcast God

So the truth comes out!!

http://gear.ign.com/articles/709/709495p1.html