Sony just announced the price of the PS3 and its games

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Majik

blargh
Jun 24, 2004
Denmark
Well, yeah, the official explanation seems to be that it's interfering with the gyroscopic sensors, but doesn't the Wii have vibration as well? Wonder if it has anything to do with the lawsuit... Anyway, I'll get used to it I'm sure, it's just gonna be odd not having my controller get orgasms whenever I explode stuff.

Oh, and would you mind passing me an url to the DK site?

tool said:
The E3 Sony press conference just ended a few minutes ago, the only key notes you need to know:

20gb Hard drive version = $500
60gb hard drive version = $600
Games = $70

ummm yeah no thanks sony i'm not buying this console anymore

That's ridiculous. Games shouldn't be that expensive, they are just interactive discs. They shouldn't be more than DVD's which, if I remember correctly, aren't much more than $15.00. And the price of the game system itself is something else.

Mar 19, 2002
Denver Co. USA
Visit site
Zheardok said:
That's ridiculous. Games shouldn't be that expensive, they are just interactive discs. They shouldn't be more than DVD's which, if I remember correctly, aren't much more than $15.00. And the price of the game system itself is something else.
Don't forget that video games are developed by actual people that need to get paid.

Though, I think the actual disks are far cheaper than what you stated, for those not paying retail; especially for a publisher.
________
Class Action Lawsuit

Last edited:

Majik

blargh
Jun 24, 2004
Denmark
the_rex said:
DK = Denmark <- where I live :)

DK(danish) site: http://finans.tv2.dk/nyheder/article.php?id=4102716 Ofcourse in danish hehe :)

They mention the prize in Dkr(danish crowns directly translated) and, well I think you can all understand the numbers here: http://valutakurser.dk/ The numbers are the prize for 100$ in Dkr etc.

Jeg tror nu godt, at jeg kan forstå det. ;)

That article seems a bit faulty though, it mentions the US version retailing at 299$, which is obviously way off...

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
If it's 600 U.S dollar, we will have to pay it around 770 here in Canada, even more, do you imagine? plus the taxes. Screw them.

DaBeatard

Mr.How
Nov 20, 2002
Visit site
That price tag pretty disappointing. I knew it would be expensive, but $600? Damn. I wonder how much the Wii is going to cost.

Last edited:

W0RF

BuF Greeter, News Bagger
Apr 19, 2002
Columbus, OH
Visit site
Each time I look at this news, I just get more baffled. How could Sony possibly think this is a workable business model?

Now it's time for Nintendo to come out and say, "Nintendo Wii, $150 at launch! How'd'ya like grandpa now?!?"

I also liked how Sony tried to paint MS as the odd man out in controller technology, as though a tilt sensor (probably an accelerometer) was equivalent to full motion-tracking capabilities.

Last edited:

daloonie

sex boobs nude
Feb 7, 2004
Denmark
www.daloonie.com
TomWithTheWeather said:
$499 version:

- only 20 gig HD
- no Memory Stick, SD, or Compact Flash support
- no built-in Wi-Fi
- no HDMI (which means no 1080p)

$599 version:

- All the stuff plus 60 gig HD

:shake:
F*ck Sony even more. They force us to buy the damn expensive version with this kind of sheit. Seriously I doubt I will even think of getting it before a year after launch now.