Something Worthy of Note.

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Draco-1

I've been to hell, and I spell it DMV.
Jan 30, 2000
Visit site
I wasn't sure what forum to post this in; this one seemed the most appropriate.

When you play online you can hit F6 to get more detailed stats of your connection. It also has a more up-to-date ping. Now, I used to think that the scoreboard and browser ping were figured the same way as the F6 ping. This doesn'ts eem to be the case.

Often tonight, my Scoreboard and Browser ping to a server were under 100. Sometimes even in the 60s. However, my F6 ping was consistantly over 150, and was usually in the 200 - 250 range, with spikes up to 300+! I'm very sure the F6 ping is correct as gameplay was definately running at a 200+ ping.

The P90 would go put-put-put-put instead of a nice Braappp, etc.

Now, I figure that most of the lag we're experiencing is Memorial Day weekend traffic sicne everyone's home for the holiday weekend.

But the VAST difference in scoreboard/Browser ping and the F6 ping may be indicative of another problem. I figured this should be brought to the team's attention if infact this is the case.