1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Something to fix the weapons till the next patch.

Discussion in 'General UTXMP Discussion' started by [GDC]Faust, Oct 1, 2005.

1. [GDC]Faust

[GDC]Faust Goblin Hunter

I hope FMI won't hate me for this but I felt like there has to be done something so I started to code my own little mutator to alter/fix some weapons until the next patch comes out. I'm kind of constantly working on it but you can always download the latest version here: http://www.utxmp.de/portal/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=121&Itemid=115

The changelog is in german so I'll give you the changes here:

Grenade Launcher:
    - reloadtime reduced by half

Assault Rifle:
    - reduced the spread with primary fire

Sniper Rifle:
    - introduced 1.2x headshot-damage

Shotgun:
    - doubled ammount of projectiles while cutting the damage of each by half
    - increased spread

Flame thrower:
    - Made it stronger + 2xHeadshot-damage

Raptor Turret:
    - increased damage and spread

As I mentioned before, those changes are temporary until FMI releases the next patches and calles the weapons final.

More changes coming soon.

EDIT: For everyone who wants to test this online, on the MF-Server 1 there's always the most recent version. The next big happening will be on monday 19.00 GMT

Last edited: Oct 1, 2005
  2. Emmet Otter

Emmet Otter I miss XMP :(

ill check it out

3. PhatAzz

PhatAzz Phat n Pnunky Phreaky Phunny Phull

I'm not sure if it's possible to put in your weapon mutator, but the switching/reload issue. Can you make it either reload WHILE switching so you don't need to wait, or if it's not possible, can you make weapon switching a priority OVER reloading?

Grenade times look good. I didn't think the sniper damage needed to be tweaked.

Also, could I put in a request of a mutator to slow down speed of raptor/harby by 1/4. Heh.

P.S. Awesomework

Last edited: Oct 1, 2005
  4. Killinya

Killinya [BBF]Killinya

Loaded on BBF...

5. Bleeder

Bleeder Co-Founder, U2XMP [Ч] Clan

thanks for fixing my gas gun :) well, kinda fixing it, at least. It still has dispersion/radius problems, but I think that would be difficult to fix with a mutator.

Mutators can probably fix quite a lot of the bugs/issues that still exist, but I guess Faust is the only XMP'er with mutator knowledge :(

6. fireball

fireball Reach out and torch someone

Mutators are easy (GAS TURRETS FOR THE WIN), but fixing the bugs can be hard.

7. Bleeder

Well, not sure I agree on the mutators being easy... Faust is a mutator-god in the sense that he is the only one I know who did a Map-vote mutator for u-2-xmp (sadly, I think only one server ever used it). If mutators were really so easy, why couldn't someone have coded this mutator months ago?

Last edited: Oct 2, 2005
  8. fireball

Cause easy != fast. And I'm sure that it'd actually be easier to patch the mod itself and re-release than write a mutator to do it.

9. [GDC]Faust

[GDC]Faust Goblin Hunter

Thanks, I didn't begin on this before because I wasn't sure how the community would react, but in fact the reaction isn't as gruesome as I thought :D

Whatever, there's a translation now (thanks to ctp.sheep, at least that's what I heard :)) so you might want to sneak a peek.

Currently working on another mutator which is meant to make some changes in Game-balance. The only changes in the first version will be 1 sec invincibility after respawn (to prevent the nasty spawncamping) and the return of the Speed-O-Meter! :D

Thank you for your attention.

10. WolfmanK

WolfmanK Puppet Master of BBF

GJ Faust... the better we (the community) can make the game the more people that will play it, the better chance we have of saving XMP.

mucho kudos

11. Beavis

Beavis Hehe, he said 'gas'...

Yes, yes, yes! Many thx to Faust. If only he had been working on the FMI team from the start!

12. shoptroll

shoptroll Active Member

Very nice fixes. If BBF is making use of this on their server I'll have to swing by sometime, especially if they're using the respawn bug fix mutator as well. These two muts should make things a lot more tolerable. :)

13. [-MF-] Fara

[-MF-] Fara New Member

all new mutators made by faust are also on our mystic-fighter server1. every monday at 20:30p.m gmt+1 we play xmp. everyone is welcome to join us.
    fara

14. fireball

BBF has it on their server, yes.

15. Bleeder

What's this NoDeadVehicles mutator? I hope it does not remove the blown-up vehicle carcasses :(

Last edited: Oct 4, 2005
  16. [GDC]Faust

[GDC]Faust Goblin Hunter

The NoDeadVehicles mutator turns the karma off with the vehicle-caracasses. There was massive lag before, when you shot at them with a rocketlauncher for instance. The carcasses only disappear when the vehicle is destroyed at the vehicle-factory, otherwise it would prevent other vehicles from spawning.

17. [GDC]Faust

[GDC]Faust Goblin Hunter

18. GotBeer?

GotBeer? The nozzle is now calibrating

Any chance a mutator could fix the nade-launcher-not-firing-but-shows-firing-animation-bug? I have died so many times because of that.

19. pistos

pistos New Member

Thank you for the work Faust!

20. Bleeder

Faust, any chance you can fix up some of the player movement w/ a mutator? The weapons fixes definitely help... when I'm standing still :(