1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Some stuff about UW side-missions.

Discussion in 'Unreal Tournament 3' started by the head, Feb 13, 2006.

1. the head

the head New Member

Hi, there were many arguements about whetever the demo featured UW mission known as "citystreets2" has objectives for both teams, most people thought that its like the old fashion assault, yet when watching the gameplay foottages I noticed the enemy bots firing at verious specific objects without being even most sligtly bothered by the fact they are fired at,I just now watched it as I overheard a friendly bot shouting histerically- "DEFEND 'BRAVVO'!!!".

This got me thinking, so I checked an not-too-old interview of jeff morris,ut2k7's producer, on amped DX's ut2k7 news section when he talked about the side-missions, said that the missions will be sometimes more complex "then destroy/protect X", he also said that " we may have ground as well as aerial versions of those missions "( ????) .
    he even gave a discription of a mission prototyped showing a more complex mission-" a convoy mission where one team’s group of vehicles needs to get from point A to point B, while the enemy tries to shut them down" which reminded me of AS-convoy brining up the question (and maybe the answer) - will we have mission that are as crazy or as creative as the convoy or the-mothership.

2. DeathBooger

DeathBooger Malcolm's Sugar Daddy

UW is just a series of ONS matches now, it's been known for months. You would benefit from reading other topics on this forum instead of basing opinions on really old information.

3. FireCrack

FireCrack New Member

From what i gather, it's not "just" a series of ons matches, but rather ONS has been modified to be just a small part of an UW game.

Last edited: Feb 13, 2006
  4. the head

the head New Member

UW isn't a string of ONS matches since even ONS in ut2k7 will have sub-objectives which will define the next match so if it is the way you say it is then UW in not different at all from ONS , what morris ment (see, I do read the other topices) ,as firecrack said, was basically that PART of UW is somewhat similar to ONS,but modified, don't forget that the "bunkers" in UW are similar to ONS power-nodes, yet it will have assault-like side-missions, the structure of a campign, changing terrian,etc,etc....
    Now I would like replies that are more on-topic, like answering my question
    of what the hell is areail and ground missions, and what do you think about whetever we'll have miisions like AS-Convoy.

5. HardcorexxX

HardcorexxX (.)(.)

Well from reading around I gather about the same. It sounds like we're going to have defendable positions that generate resources that have assautl like objectives within them, and as you capture each location the maps keeps progressing in a linear way to keep the action focused.

So basicaly it SEEMS like its gunna be as if you stuck AS-Glacier in the middle of ONS-Severance and said have at it who ever gets those most objs gets an ion tank etc...but once again this is my SPECULATION on the general idea of UW from reading interviews

6. DeathBooger

DeathBooger Malcolm's Sugar Daddy

It's nothing but super-pub ONS, the next map settings are just chosen based on how the current match is playing. In other words, if a team gets their ass handed to them in a match, they would probably have the stronger vehicles the next round.

The whole thing about bunkers and whatnot was thrown out the window months ago.

7. N1ghtmare

N1ghtmare Sweet Dreams

I hightly doubt the map in the demo was UW. At the time, they called it 'Conquest' and said it was currently just on pecil and paper.