Some Stalingrad Screenshots

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Nny the devourer

MG Whore
Feb 21, 2002
Hell
Visit site
Looks like almost all your building detail is textures, is it (hoping, speed wise). Also some very impressive textures...all original? (getting ready for the review because you KNOW im going to snag this from everyone else before they get a chance when you release)

Old Geezer

Apr 16, 2001
London, UK
www.geezerstudios.co.uk
In no particular order -

Stalingrad will be released as part of 2.87 (if the team agree) and like my other maps in that pack will be based on the new game modes. I may release traditional TDM versions of these maps after 2.87 is released.

Yes the detail is mostly in the textures and I made almost all the textures myself.

The bots work about as well as they usually do (which is pretty dumb).

Here are a couple more screenshots

Nny the devourer

MG Whore
Feb 21, 2002
Hell
Visit site
nah neo i dont review inf team mappack releases..........we just assume its great; hehe not to mention wouldnt matter if i hated it still wouldnt keep em off the publics. However at the very start of geezers last thread on this map he mentioned it "may" be out with 287, hehe i was thinking if it missed the official release it would be released by geezer singularly in which case ya i would have reviewed it. HOwever im just as happy to see it come out in the mappack as that means......more servers will be running it (i hope)

Kettch

Infiltration Germany
Feb 19, 2001
Again, this looks very good Old Geezer!

....There is only one thing, which .... (dont want to say disturbs..) draws my attention *g*:

Your maps often show destroyed areas (f.e. bosnianwinter). You have a nice way in building the damaged walls and the broken pieces of wood. This all looks great. But IMO there is a lack of rubble. I mean if a wall is destroyed, it's components lay nearby.
Some time ago i started to build a map with almost the same location: DM-INF-Bosnia. It never made it to final state. I just wanted to show you an example of a destroyed building which was added to my map:

Screenshot 1
Screenshot 2
Screenshot 3

You see what i mean? The walls are destroyed and alot of rubble lies on the floor.
If you would integrate something similar into your maps, they would look even greater.
Just wanted to do this suggestion, you're doing great job nevertheless

See you on the battlefields

[121st]Kettch

Last edited:

Kettch

Infiltration Germany
Feb 19, 2001
Holy Manitou, you guys are quicker responding than me uploading! :D

Give me 30 secs and the pics are online :cool:

[121st]Kettch

Kettch

Infiltration Germany
Feb 19, 2001
Yes, outside the buildings is a lot of rubble, realized with BSP based terrain.

I'm reffering to the indoor-locations, for example the 4th and the 9th screenshot. (file names are shot0008.jpg and newshot1.jpg)

[121st]Kettch

Old Geezer

Apr 16, 2001
London, UK
www.geezerstudios.co.uk
I think you you will find lots of rubble in both the Ruin and Stalingrad maps. The main constraint is the need to keep the poly count down. I would love to make a photorealistic map with lots of individually modelled bricks but it would be unplayable. I think you will find I have reached a reasonable compromise in the two worn torn maps I have in the 2.87 pack.

Kettch

Infiltration Germany
Feb 19, 2001
Fine! :)

Btw: When i built my map i found out that you can often reach a very high level of detail in buildings when the walls block any direct sight-line between the interior and the exterior.
Means one can often insert a lot of details which are not visible from outside, so polycount on street is kept low.

Keep it going O.G. you're the man! :)

[121st]Kettch