1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Some questions related to INF and UED

Discussion in 'Infiltration Development' started by AullidoSepulcral, Jun 2, 2015.

1. AullidoSepulcral

AullidoSepulcral New Member

First of all, I'd like to greet all members of the (now almost non-existant) INF community, who helped produce one of the most refined and well executed fps experiences ever made. I know the basics of mapping and I'm constantly learning (no real maps as of yet, just experiments). Also note that I use the 2.9 community installer and UT99 v436, and all the main packages are where the installer placed them, on a subfolder inside the ut folder called infiltration that is ordered just like the ut folder. Well on to the questions:

- When I want to open an inf map, it simply wont open, no error no nothing (I've also tried it with Unreal Gold with the 227i patch, which does input an error, saying that it needs package x or texture x, I add x then it asks for something else and it gets to a point where it asks for a value in a file or line of code I dont know where to find), even though I've already loaded InfiltrationUT.u. I need to open some maps because they have some interesting desings so I'd like to see what they did to try to take inspiration and techinques from them.

- I can open some INF textures, but not all, just like the maps it says nothing, it just shows all textures at once in the texture browser window. How can I see them all in the editor so I can use them? (I've opened all the ones that dont open on unreal ed with UTPT 151, but extracting the packages and then converting one by one seems very time consuming to me)

- I dont know how to open the meshes used on INF maps (the ones used mainly for decorations or the EAS laptop), so I can use them on my own maps? When I open a .u file in the actor browser, it does nothing. Its the same for mutator packages and integral packages such as InfiltrationUT.u. Also the show packages this does nothing, I tick only the ones I want to see and it keeps on showing them all at once.

Alrights so thanks everyone in advance, and hopelly I'll be able to get some advice in this forum from some INF veterans. And Id like to thank certain users such as Inigo and some others user for their contributions for us developers, whose contributions will help me enormously in my INF Project, which will include weapons, camos and vehicles used by the Colombian army (as I'm Colombian myself, I tought it would be interesting to do this to encourage myself and others to build a game devloping scene here in my country), and a detailed life-to-game adapation of the technical institution I'm currently studying at and its surroundings.

2. dr.flay

dr.flay Dr.Flay™

If you are running UEd from the normal system folder, possibly it cannot see the Inf folders.
    Add the locations of all the Inf folders to the main UT ini file.
    It should look like this;

[Core.System]
    Paths=../System/*.u
    Paths=../Maps/*.unr
    Paths=../Textures/*.utx
    Paths=../Sounds/*.uax
    Paths=../Music/*.umx
    Paths=../Infiltration/System/*.u
    Paths=../Infiltration/Textures/*.utx
    Paths=../Infiltration/Textures/Camos/*.utx
    Paths=../Infiltration/Sounds/*.uax

3. AullidoSepulcral

Thank you SO much for this, it has solved all of my problems. However, at first when I pasted exactly what you copied, it didn't work with all maps and u packs, so what I did was add these lines:

Paths=../Infiltration/Maps/*.unr
    Paths=../Infiltration/Maps/*.u
    Paths=../Infiltration/Music/*.umx

After that, its working like a charm, it opens every map, u pack, texture pack... everything. Thank you very much flay, I hope this hleps someone else in the future.

4. soultaker007

soultaker007 Member

Or you can create Shortcut of unrealed then right click on it and go to properties .then put this on the end of line ini=infiltration.ini userini=infiltrationuser.ini

5. dr.flay

dr.flay Dr.Flay™

^^ that would be the preferred method.
    Come to think of it, you should have an icon somewhere already if the install was correct.

6. AullidoSepulcral

Yeah, I just realized there was an icon in the "extras" folder that was called "INFED" or something like that. It's rather odd it didn't got copied to the system folder after I installed INF 2.9 CI. I'm going to use the alternative soultaker pointed out to us, because its obviously much better.