Some ideas

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

stephen_wq

AKA The--Grim--Reaper
Dec 15, 2003
I have played this mod heaps, and i am desperate for new maps!

How is the machine gun mounted? i have always wanted to do this, but i dont know how.

Bots say "Thank you, drive through please" way way way too much, it will be listed 5 times in a row in chat, and it just gets annoying!

I never knew you could man turrets, maybe have a thing that says "Press use to man turret".

So how long until new maps and such?

Enfyrneaux

Apr 4, 2002
Later this afternoon
Visit site
IIRC you simply mount the machine gun/sniper rifle by peering over inside certain cover points (like shields, sandbags, pillboxes). Your accuracy will improve automatically, as there is no mount indicator in this version.
(I think anyways...devs feel free to confirm/deny)

As for the maps, more are on the way. I think I'll have my first ready for testing in a week or two.

stephen_wq

AKA The--Grim--Reaper
Dec 15, 2003
Also, is there a way to change class in game? i tend to just change team twice to get the right class, bots seem to be able to do it all the time.

If it isnt included, make it a checkbox in the options to allow changing class for the game or not.

im off to play it again :)

edit: oh and sign me up for testing that map, i must have more!

DA|aBsOlUt

DA GOD
Oct 24, 2001
www.planetunreal.com
http://www.planetunreal.com/da/2/html/manual/ some good information here.

Your aim with every weapon gets greatly improved (less recoil etc) when your weapon is in front of sandbags or bunkers. The code automatically adjusts. There is no real way to place your weapon and shoot.

However if you meant to manually control a turret all you have to do is become a machine gunner, go next to it and press the use-key (Default is 'U'). Now, as jambo said, to switch class ingame, press 'H' (Default key).

One new map comes with v1.1, other than that you probably have to wait for 3rd party mappers to produce some. New HUD will also address all issues regarding what you can do as your class etc.

Last edited:

stephen_wq

AKA The--Grim--Reaper
Dec 15, 2003
something that fixes your machine gun would be nice, like press u to mount it on something.
then there is almost no recoil and if you try to walk away it auto unmounts.
Lying down position would be cool too.
although possibly pointless in assult style.

Last edited by a moderator:

SiN-BiN

Aug 21, 2004
I think having a deployable machine gun wouldnt really be all that dissimmilar to just hoping into a machine gun turret.

stephen_wq

AKA The--Grim--Reaper
Dec 15, 2003
actually, it wouldnt.
You would obviously be crouching when you deploy it, so more cover, and the turret is more of a chain gun/minigun, rather than a machine gun.
Also bots have high priority to shoot at turrets first before people, so you come under less fire.
And turrets arent very portable.

MozTS

Us And Them
Sep 12, 2004
They are also god like killing machines that hate all living things.