1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Some additional things I discovered due to new hardware...

Discussion in 'Original Unreal Tournament' started by Dark Pulse, Apr 22, 2009.

1. Dark Pulse

Dark Pulse Dolla, Dolla. Holla, Holla.

• The Enhanced D3D9 renderer will not accept extremely high resolutions. The highest I could get it was 1920x1080. The Enhanced OpenGL renderer, however, does accept higher resolutions, and on that I can pull my new monitor's full maximum resolution of 2048x1152, so if you're going higher than 1920x1080, D3D9 is not the renderer for you, and I doubt D3D8 works either. UT99 looks nice at that rez, by the way. :)
    • You might get some slight video corruption if you start windowed and then go into fullscreen. Fullscreening back and forth a few times fixes it for me. Starting fullscreen also seems to not cause corruption.
    • Sound sucks, generally, under Vista (as quite a few people have noticed.) Even with the extra audio renderers, I still get some crackly performance. It worked fine under XP, but all the usual tricks (including increasing audio latency under Galaxy) do not seem to work. OpenAL still occasionally crackles; FMOD sounds like a real dull hollow metallic echo is happening nearly constantly. Any help I got here would be appreciated - and yes, I do have Vista Sound Drivers for my card, an Audigy 2 ZS Platinum Pro.
    I'll post more stuff if I come across it. Right now the audio one is driving me nuts.

2. Lynxx

Lynxx New Member

Hi DP. Sorry I can't offer anything above nonsense for the audio.

D3D8 and OGL @ 1792x1344 (monitor max), was(is) never a problem on my olde compy. D3D9 gave me badly corrupted textures (ATI Catalyst 7.10, 1950 Pro) but would also run same max res np. Recently installed 9.2 with 3850, and with OGL running perfectly I won't bother with D3D9. Well...yet. ~XP and X-Fi.

Warm regards and best of luck. :)

3. Creavion

Creavion New Member

Wohoo and my monitor runs exactly on the half of your resolution. :shy:

But is the menu .. even with double size anywise acceptable readable on this freaking high resolution?

4. Dark Pulse

Dark Pulse Dolla, Dolla. Holla, Holla.

It is. The background image is letterboxed though, as I think it totals up to either 1024x1024 or 1024x768. :p

There's also an amsuing-as-hell issue where you can't even see the face of your character anymore, nor the whole model - I think it goes shoulders-to-shins.

Oh, and here's a gratuitous screenshot. Not S3TC textures at the moment, mostly because I wanna fix the audio first if I can:

[screenshot]http://darkpulse.project2612.org/ut/ut99/Shot0027.png[/screenshot]

5. jackrabbit

jackrabbit New Member

sweet pr0n!

6. GreatEmerald

GreatEmerald Khnumhotep

Hmm, on that resolution all guns should seem giant :) When I switched from 1024x768 to 1680x1050, they really seemed like this.