1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

solid movers..

Discussion in 'Infiltration Development' started by PROMAGNUM, May 26, 2001.

1. PROMAGNUM

PROMAGNUM HaloBender

I have a exploding wall that needs to be solid, but I just go through it. What do I need to do to make it solid, also it is triggered so that when it receives enough damage (gun fire) it explodes, it doesn't seem to work as its there but I can go through it.
    What am I doing wrong?
    Also is it possible to attach a brush to a mover?
    Like say I have a square and I want it attached to a attached mover and make the attached mover rotate,etc It doesn't seem to work, is there a special setting or something it works for actors attached to the attached mover but not a brush or special brush.
    thanks

2. bastard_o

bastard_o Lead Designer

Firstly ALL movers are solid IF they are NOT a single sheet brush.

Second you must be doing something wrong...

Please explain in detail as to what the mover looks like and why do you need to attach another brush to the mover brush anyway...

An AttachMovet will allow for another mover to be attach to it or as you said attach other actor types to std movers...

Information, some screen etc...

3. PROMAGNUM

PROMAGNUM HaloBender

ok I get it to move when I shoot it and explode and all that, but it seems as though I can walk through it... like when it is there before being shot you fall through it.
    Also I want to add the explosion flame or ball to it but when I tag it as the same thing it goes off at the beginning and not when the mover is shot.
    you know why?
    I dont think this shot will help but here is the example.

4. -Lost-

-Lost- Local Bad-ass

if you don't make the mover correctly it can be 'walk-throughable.' make the brush, reset the builderbrush, intersect, polys->to brush, add mover.

5. PROMAGNUM

PROMAGNUM HaloBender

Ok how exactly must you reset it?
    I intersect,copy poly's to brush, then add mover, what am I missing, I thought that is how you do it, has worked before...
    hmmm :hmm:

6. das_ben

das_ben Concerned.

right click on the brush --> reset --> choose your reset options

7. bastard_o

bastard_o Lead Designer

Two things...

1). You only need to intersect if you are combining brushes or you wish to adjust your pivot point.

2). If your mover is scaled it will NOT work propertly... ALL movers should be scale 1,1,1 look at the brushes properties... and see if that is the problem.

8. PROMAGNUM

PROMAGNUM HaloBender

Ok I will try that...
    also either of you wiseguys know weather or not you can attach a special brush or brush to a attachmover? I know actors can be attached but any idea?

9. -Lost-

-Lost- Local Bad-ass

why not just make the brush part of the mover? you can have unattached pieces be part of the same mover brush. you can attach another mover, but no normal geometry. and bastard'o, i just do all that every time because it's a good habit ;)