So whats happening?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Balton

The Beast of Worship
Mar 6, 2001
Berlin
I will post here. I have been busy as hell. Moved to SLC, Utah for a PhD, my first novel was accepted (it'll be coming out later this year, and you can believe I will advertise that shit) and...okay, that's it, but those things have kept me busy as hell.

gimme free copy or it didn't happen ;)

dragonfliet

I write stuffs
Apr 24, 2006
Reactions: Jacks:Revenge

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
I will post here. I have been busy as hell. Moved to SLC, Utah for a PhD, my first novel was accepted (it'll be coming out later this year, and you can believe I will advertise that shit) and...okay, that's it, but those things have kept me busy as hell.
You're here in Utah, eh?

dragonfliet

I write stuffs
Apr 24, 2006
yeah but [good]Mormons don't drink...
This is the very worst part of this state. There is good coffee, and there is some good beer, and you can drink, but it's fucking annoying. You can't buy draft beer that is more than 4% abv, though you CAN buy a bottle of beer of any volume. You also can't have more than 1.5oz of liquor in any drink. So you can drink, you can get messed up, it's just really annoying. You can't ever have a satisfying cocktail, there are literally zero good beers on tap, etc. Oh well. At least it's an absolutely GORGEOUS place to live.

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
I don't drink and even I think the alcohol laws here are ridiculous.

But I'd be all for meeting up somewhere. What kind of food are you into? Where exactly are you staying?

dragonfliet

I write stuffs
Apr 24, 2006
As a European, I don't understand this sentence.
Like because your beer is good, or because of the words? So draft here meaning in a glass, pulled from a keg, and the 4% abv is alcohol by volume (which is the same as 3.2% alcohol by weight--don't know if that helps). Or, to clarify: it is really weak, crappy beer.

tomcat ha

Feb 2, 2002
Visit site
not all of europe has good beers really, germany's speciality is cheap beers not so much having the best and scandinavia is a wasteland. UK isnt great either.

Selerox

COR AD COR LOQVITVR
Nov 12, 1999
TheUKofGBandNI
selerox.deviantart.com
not all of europe has good beers really, germany's speciality is cheap beers not so much having the best and scandinavia is a wasteland. UK isnt great either.

The UK's mass produced beer is pretty bad. But the real ale and craft beer scenes have been very strong for years. The two scenes don't tend to cross-over much, but they both produce some ludicrously good beers.