1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

So the object of the game is to hide

Discussion in 'Unreal 2' started by thewalkingman, Jan 13, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vD-xixax

vD-xixax New Member

Just played two maps with voodoo. Seemed like a standup guy to me. Sarcastic humor, but not a bad guy. Gave props when due, and although a little bit of a bickering started, it wasn't his intent ( one of the players on his team did the "hide with the arti" thing, he pointed it out knowing I would know what he was talking about and for some reason that set the guy off... not voodoo's fault there ).

*shrugs*

Let's get into something interesting, like why it's dangerous to play at work with no sound on a small monitor. :)

2. ^DaRk^AgentOrange|PuF

^DaRk^AgentOrange|PuF Banned

Bit OT here but i was playing one of you vD guys earlier, can't remember his name but he was a damn good player :tup: I also noticed he'd been reading up on the best ways to use a Ranger thread :D

3. Saito

Saito Banned

Stop and think just for a moment. The match you guys pulled that crap on sirroco there were all sorts of people saying you cheat cause they couldn't get up there. You actualy were taunting saying you do cheat. IIRC apart from me and maybe 2 others it was all noobs. So I would say roughly after that game you had about 8 people leave remembering this "I don't know how they got where they did, they called me names, and when I said they cheat they admited it". And for the record it was Bodom that did it, it was the game where you recruited voodoo, and there was one more.

It's crap like that why people say you cheat. Now granted I knew you were joking the **** around, I even defended you in game and said you didn't and were joking. But this thread isn't the reason people say you cheat. Like it or not that game, and others like it are the reasons. You got to a legal hidy hole, taunted people, and when they said you cheat YOU SAID YES, joke or no joke you ****ed this one up not anybody else.

Now the funny thing about cheating is once you do it (or say you do, or the rumor spreads) everything you do is suspect. Every streak, every hide, every insane thing, every time they miss you when they thought they hit. After all if you cheat who knows where does it stop.

You didn't make me angry I wouldn't worry voodoo you have done anything to be ashamed of ;)

www.clanspp.com

It's a pretty old school BR clan, but we are going through the birthing pains of a XMP team, just post under challengers and tell us if you got a server and we can go from there ;)

Last edited: Jan 16, 2004
  4. [V3]HellsPawn

[V3]HellsPawn Pistoleer Extraordinare

I know this was brought up earlier, on the topic of new people coming in and being scared. I just joined V3 a few days ago, and was playing on a server (on my own or with one other V3) and we were on the garden map. I was ranger up on one of the hills and on the other team a ranger shot me once from near the double doors, so I had 35 health. I turned, side dodged and zoomed in on him as he came out of cover shot him once in the chest and once in the leg to get the kill.
    The guy then promptly accused me of using an aimbot to beat him and kept calling me a cheater. I told him that he came out of cover and that's how I was able to shoot him, but he couldn't seem to believe that while dodging I could aim at him and that it takes more than one sniper shot to kill someone. He then said something to the effect of "screw this, too many cheaters, I'm going back to TFC." So what is one supposed to do against this? You want me to suck on purpose just so one or two people will stick around and play?
    On the note of "hiding": As I said, I just joined V3 a few days ago, and when I was playing that day, it was with Voodoo, Syndrome and Bodom. Syn and Bo weren't playin too seriously so they went and hid with the artifacts (that my team guarded as well as Iraq outside of Baghdad). Did I get frustrated? No, I went looking. It helped me learn more about the map, on top of learning the double tap forward-boost up wall. After I joined, I'll admit, I "hid" once on sunset beach on the top of the mountain (which doesn't even require wall boosting, just regular boost jumps to get to) since the opposing team had all the other artifacts and my team's defence was like moldy swiss cheese. I was waiting for my team to cap another artifact then I'd bring the one I had down, but that of course never happened since my team never got another artifact out of the opponent's base. oh and I didn't taunt anybody from up there.

these are my two cents and do not reflect the opinions of other members of V3 or represent the opinions of V3 as a whole.

5. W0RF

W0RF BuF Greeter, News Bagger

OMFG AIMBOT WALLHACK is an old argument for ppl when they get pwn3d. If he quit after getting shot one time... there's some ppl you just can't do anything about. Continue to play the game well and ppl will get better to compete.
    Hiding from ppl hunting for you to win the game w/the last artifact is a survival tactic. Megajumping to some obscure part of the map and just sitting around going "OMFG J00 CAN'T FIND ME!" is not a survival tactic. Let's be clear about what we're discussing here.

All we ask is that ppl play the game. I don't care if I get pwn3d in 3 minutes, I regroup and work on playing the next map better. I don't care if someone parks a tank outside my base and blasts me to hell 25 times in a row; that happens all the time on Alcazar. That's part of the game. Defending the art node is part of the game. Controlling territory and area denial is part of the game. Not taking the last artifact back to your base to finish a game is not part of the game. I don't understand why so much effort needs to go into explaining the problem, it's pretty cut-and-dried.

6. Anathema-

Anathema- ...because we're NOT free

I don't know why you think hiding should ever be an option. If your team is so bad that you have to try and hide with an artifact just give it a mercy kill and let the artifact return. Your next team will be better. (Personally I would be bored to tears sitting out the entire match, with or without an artifact).

7. Hanover_Fist

Hanover_Fist Hero

All this talk about hiding with an arty is pointless.

Raptor already said that the next patch includes an arty icon in the compass when you've had it for two minutes.

You won't be any hiding anymore.

8. [V3]Bodom

[V3]Bodom New Member

Imag you're out of V3 cause nobody would listen to your honor and loyalty military rhetoric from inside the clan, stop trying to turn my own members against eachother from outside. You're not in V3, so any sense of honor and decency in [V3] as you perceive it doesn't affect you in the slightest, especially since you don't play XMP.

9. Imaginos

Imaginos Deathball addict?

I walked because your lack of integrity in asking me to lie was the last straw. It was bad enough being associated with some teammates that intentionally chose to behave poorly with your full support. I preached about character, and you chose to ridicule me in that. Here you are now and your only comment on this thread is to challenge ME? Shame on you.

10. LivingPuppet

LivingPuppet Registered Puppet

Does this apply if they don't have enough energy to cap as well?
    2 minutes by default sounds damn short and unfair. I think at least 5 minutes by default would be alot fairer.

11. MachDelta

MachDelta Haphazard Nobody

Two minutes is enough time to swipe an artifact, get back to your base, and cap it on pretty much any map.

If you swipe an arti when your team doesn't (or wont) have enough energy to cap, you're taking a risk. Think of this as a discouragement to skipping the "Energy before artifacts" rule. Get the juice first, then go play *tomb raider. :D

* I mean tomb raider as in stealing artifacts, not the game involving the wh0re with the insane knockers

12. W0RF

Yeah but you don't want to leave too much time for ppl to build up defenses. If I have a few minutes alone in Garden's node, with 2 gens and if my team isn't turret farmers, you are never capping one of my arts. Promise.

In some maps (like Lowlands) it may even be better to grab the arts early coz it takes a while to get to 800 when there are only 2 gens.

13. ReLiK

ReLiK Waiting to spawn....

Worf is a dam good defender, although I did manage to escape with an arti once on wintergarden when he was on D. Took 6 tries though and i got killed outside my base even tho i was spamming 'I have an artifact' 'I need backup' - so i never actually capped it! -_- :D

14. W0RF

Was that last night? If it was last night, you snuck in when I was reloading coz I was all by myself! :D

/lame excuses ;)

I am so happy to have a game where I can actually PLAY defense or support and not be a "camper" or "lame n00b" or blah blah blah.

15. [V3]Optimal

[V3]Optimal New Member

Bodom and imag, lol. Go take naps you two. Before I send you to bed with out dinner!

16. Oh_Duh

Oh_Duh {NB}Tenacity

I had the last artifact. By the time i got to the node it was offline. My teamate had planted about 15 turrets in the node room. I kept taking them down. After texting him to let him know that they use energy. He just cussed me out and kept planting them. Finally we were so low on energy that they all exploded. I think he thought I did it. I ended up hiding hoping the rest of the team would get energy. The other team started texting each other about where I was. It was fun to watch. Of course they found me b4 I could reg it. Game Over. I'm hoping my teamate was just a noob and not a butthead.

Last edited: Mar 15, 2004
  17. [LNS]Jubei

[LNS]Jubei DeMoN HuNTeR

heeheehee,Jubei likes hiding too sometimes when there aren't too many plzayers around,or when the energy is low,,there are a lot of hiding places in the maps and a lot of camping places too,if you don't have any other choice than hiding do it,it's fun,and about not capping that last arty when you have all 3 of them already,well ... i dunno but i would laugh especially with the commentary that you see in the screen than. I was lacking sleep yesterday and i turned into a maniac with a flamethrower setting everything on fire,Lord of the flames had a lot of fun even if i wasn't 100% on active def,and that's what it is all about,having fun but not too much that you don't screw the game up,i remember some of the enemy's team comments--->Kill this maniac he's insane,i never laughed so hard as when i read that.

18. JaGo

JaGo nbk-JaGo

Yep, they are right you are an insane maniac. By the way how are you even functioning today after playing till 4:30 in the morning?!

-JaGo

19. [LNS]Jubei

[LNS]Jubei DeMoN HuNTeR

It was 5:10 when i closed the game :lol: ,and like they said i'm a maniac and maniacs don't need much sleep :D

20. PRG

PRG XMP Beta Tester

Ohhh god, can't this thread die

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.