So the object of the game is to hide

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nemephosis

Earning my Infrequent Flier miles
Aug 10, 2000
You think this is the first time this has been done? I recall this happening in CTF in UT.

babau

XMP Beta Tester
Sep 30, 2003
I only going to say that this get and hide will be over in next patch lalalalallalalalal

Saito

Banned
Dec 30, 2003
I have seen v3 do that several times, it only works cause they pull it when nobody special is around. And they don't do it to win, just to piss people off I think.

Andr01d

yeah right...
Jan 4, 2004
www.warpstone.tk
You guys are so cruel.. you make a game full of stuff that can be exploited and is hella fun... and then in a patch you take that all away..

(its a conspiracy!)

W0RF

BuF Greeter, News Bagger
Apr 19, 2002
Columbus, OH
Visit site
Andr01d said:
You guys are so cruel.. you make a game full of stuff that can be exploited and is hella fun... and then in a patch you take that all away..
If you think hiding is fun (nothing more thrilling than sitting in a place no one can see you, and doing nothing, wheeeeeee), you may spend more time looking for a clan than previously thought. :p

ReLiK

Waiting to spawn....
Dec 21, 2003
but hiding is necessary when u have no energy to cap and the enemy are owning your noobish team....

of course its a lame tactic to use just to piss people off, buts i think its a viable tactic to buy enough time to get energy...

hope the patch keeps this in mind

Smily

Freelancer deluxe
Jan 3, 2004
Meerbusch
www.sHcL-team.de
it is more usefull to lose when you have such a bad team, because next round the teams might be better. ok, maybe this is to complicated for you to understand

Last edited:

chipmunk

(NBK-Daft)
Nov 26, 2003
MA
www.clan-nbk.com
ReLiK said:
but hiding is necessary when u have no energy to cap and the enemy are owning your noobish team....

of course its a lame tactic to use just to piss people off, buts i think its a viable tactic to buy enough time to get energy...

took the words out of my mouth :D

Legend ownz

W0RF

BuF Greeter, News Bagger
Apr 19, 2002
Columbus, OH
Visit site
ReLiK said:
Somehow I don't think "Oh Noes! 1 Minute to Find Me!" is the hallmark of a strategy borne of necessity.

chipmunk

(NBK-Daft)
Nov 26, 2003
MA
www.clan-nbk.com
Sometimes when I have an artifact (on a pub) and we have under 800 energy, and everyone else refuses to go out and get a gen (granted, they may just not know how to)... I'll go get one myself, out of necessity. 50% of the time I am going to get killed.

Now when you're playing against good competition, this is NOT a smart thing to do, because 100% of the time, you are going to get killed. "Hiding" in this case would be the more intelligent, cautious, and wise thing to do. Especially if the other team already has 3 artis and you're holding the last one. Consider yourself the one thing preventing your team from losing at this point.

I dunno about you guys, but I'd rather be alive than fodder in this situation. Hiding for an extended amount of time in any other situation should be frowned upon and will be eliminated in the next patch.

Ðork

Dork online, since '99
Jun 19, 2001
Switzerland
The best thing about this is that it should indirectly reduce the quick game "problem". No one should even think about taking an artifact before their team has enough energy. If the team then doesn't get the energy they'll be stuck with the huge T (for Tard) blinking over their heads and losing points with each blink :D:tup:.

And if you think I'm making this up, well tough

[0]Defeatz

XMP Beta Tester
Oct 10, 2003
ReLiK said:

it does, dont worry too much

Status
Not open for further replies.