So, I have a big favour to ask...

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Igoy

dea ex machina
Jan 20, 2008
Norwich, England.
slave-riot.co.uk
Lots of personal reasons that all boiled into one big problem and leaving uni ended up being the best answer. I have absolutely no regrets. Plus the course I was doing was ****ing horrible - I know 6 people who left the university at the same time I did, it was that bad. And I don't want to start another degree.

M.A.D.X.W

Aug 24, 2008
And remind me what it is that you do?

I lost my job as an accordion maker and then found work as an Air And Hydronic Balancing Technician, before becoming a graphics studio assistant.

I was also an Assistant Tuna Roll Taster for about 3 months.

Last edited:

theabyss

No One Here Gets Out Alive
Dec 3, 2005
East Coast
Well, obviously I can't comment on your personal stuff (I hope your ex is not the reason for leaving, because that would be ****ing stupid), but I wouldn't just throw everything away. How far were you in the program? Is there a possibility to transfer to something you would really like to do? I mean I came to a point during my studies where I wasn't sure if my degree would actually land me a job - but guess what - I just started a new job this week and I was chosen because of my degree. Just sit down and think about it a little.

Igoy

dea ex machina
Jan 20, 2008
Norwich, England.
slave-riot.co.uk
Do you seriously think I decided to pack in my degree on a whim? I had another year and a half to go on my degree. I couldn't stand the thought of going there for another minute, let alone that time. The degree I was doing is nothing to do with the things I would have possibly returned to do now, so a transfer is unlikely, and I am settled with what I am doing with my life now (bar the debt). Unless you're going into a very specific job field, degrees these days virtually mean nothing here. If two potential employees were going for the same job - one with work experience, and one with just a degree went for it, the one with the work experience would get the job.

If you want a further explaination about my reasons for leaving and proof I thought long and hard about it, I will direct you here.

Benfica

European Redneck
Feb 6, 2006
Igoy, I can't be anything else besides solidary here. I had a very similar experience when I was 22, the difference is that I was lucky. Even going through stress that lead me to a burnout, I wasn't paying those absurd fees, had very supportive parents and my degree allowed me to have a very well paid job for a few years.

Don't despair though. That despair is relative and happens when we are losing inner strength, not when there are problems to solve. Some people have absolutely ****ty situations and keep moving on, others throw the towel at the first difficulty.

As I said, I'm unemployed and cutting down expenses to a minimum, because for the first time I'm actually afraid of not finding a decent job for a long time. Still, I probably will be able to lend you a bit more. When I look at the money I stupidly wasted, I feel confortable about that :)

theabyss

No One Here Gets Out Alive
Dec 3, 2005
East Coast
If you want a further explaination about my reasons for leaving and proof I thought long and hard about it, I will direct you here.

I read through the whole story.
Maybe I feel different about it because I started the other way around. I worked very hard and ****ty jobs to the point of being physically so exhausted that I didn't know how much my body can take anymore. I just wanted out. Having wasted years and years with jobs that pay good but leave you physically tired and mentally dull, just wasn't worth it.

Of course, when the whole thing doesn't make sense to you anymore and you have no motivation anymore, oh well, I guess you have to quit.

When I didn't feel like studying anymore I just thought back on all the pain those **** jobs caused and that gave me an immense kick in the butt to go on and finish what I had started.

Igoy

dea ex machina
Jan 20, 2008
Norwich, England.
slave-riot.co.uk
I think it depends a lot on the person; some people are cut out for university and others are better going straight into work. Turns out, I'm the latter. With my job I am learning every day, I'm currently doing a coursework to recieve a qualification, and because I enjoy it, I find it fun. It's just a shame it's not full time. :|

Big Hairy Bugger

Dec 14, 2010
Quote:

So my proposal is this:

I'm hoping I can find 120 people to loan me £10 each. Each month, I will pay one person back (this can rise depending on how much extra money I get in, ie. if I manage to find full time work it will be 20 people). Will anybody be willing to help? If it helps, it's roughly about $18 USD. Paypal should do the conversion for you, though.

MY Quote: I need 120 million pounds (£) for a nice easy lifestyle..please if 120 people can offer £1000000 to me over a 10 year plan then I would be very happy and after 10 yrs the interest would pay you back...plus maybe an xmas card to you