smoking

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

JiNX

Omniscient
Sep 3, 2000
Visit site
is there any way for me to make it look like a player has smoke coming from its mouth, like a cold day or like my player is actually smoking? if so can someone help me with the coding of it?

Xerk

Keyboard Mastá
Jan 6, 2002
www.koldfire.com
I just have to say (ask). How long did it take you guys to become familiar with the Unreal Engine. I'm new to scripting in the engine and I browse the coding forums every day just looking at problems and solutions. How long did it take you guys to get good enough to code mods in Uscript? I already am familiar with C++ so I'm not a complete newbie, but I'm still trying to get a full understanding of the functions and what info the variables hold. There's so much to the engine. It's purely awsome.

Shiit

Shiit
Dec 19, 2000
Well, we (or I at least) read a lot of class defenitions. I'm not really familiar with all of UnrealT's classes. Usually when I want to create something, or answer someone's question, I look through all the parent classes of the class I/someone are/is trying to create and see what functionality is provided, and change or build on that.
A tip: Use Windows/UClasses search "containing" functions a lot. It's really good to find out where a function is called, or where it is defined, which is a good way to get familiar with the classes. Stuff like the fact that "Modifyplayer" is called in the GameInfo class are handy to know.
As for that Syntax and problem solving, it's really a lot like C, and I was familiar with it before I started UScripting.

Last edited: