[SMB3] Time Trial

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Synastren

Explodious!
Jun 22, 2001
KU
There were at least a couple of places that he cheated. :hmm:
Other than that though, amazing. I didn't know you could kill the same enemy twice. :eek: (he'd get two 1ups from one enemy in certain spots)
He had to use an emulator (if not to record, than for the simple fact that was the old NES version), and have at least two buttons bound to firing fireballs. :B

Synastren

Explodious!
Jun 22, 2001
KU
Scumgrief said:
I wish it were true, but there's no way. Save points had to be used. I refuse to believe otherwise.
Watch the timer on World One, Level Three. It acts a little odd when he's near the whistle. :(

XeneX

Volatile
Aug 21, 2000
Swindon, Wiltshire
Synastren said:
Watch the timer on World One, Level Three. It acts a little odd when he's near the whistle. :(

There was a lot of discussion about this over on the SomethingAwful forums. Apparantly, when at top speed on the japanese version of the game, the timer lags slightly. Thus, this is emulated correctly ;)

It's not fake.

Nemephosis

Earning my Infrequent Flier miles
Aug 10, 2000
Scumgrief said:
I wish it were true, but there's no way. Save points had to be used. I refuse to believe otherwise.
You refuse to believe someone might actually just be that good at the game?

yeah okay. Now go watch this and this and then try telling me these people don't exist. It's not a fake video. There really are people this good at games.

hyrulian

Rainbow Brite
May 20, 2001
Chula Vista, CA
hyru.ath.cx
I just bought Super Mario Advance 4: Super Mario Bros. 3 for the Game Boy Advance today. Time to start practicing :D

Actually no. It would take way too long and it's a complete waste of time for me to try to finish it that fast. My idea of playing a video game is to thoroughly enjoy it.

Nemephosis

Earning my Infrequent Flier miles
Aug 10, 2000
I'm not sure what it is, but like the file name says, it certainly is insane.