SmartDM for UT99

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Wises

Sep 15, 2008
nice that in itself would likely be popular as a standalone mod :)

trying to get some feedback on the duel sb profiles over at ut99.org.. another has commented on a single profile .. have asked for some reasons to see if our assumptions could be related to this reasoning.

Wises

Sep 15, 2008
are these mods added to the public downloads on your website.. ie; i didnt see the page for utbots last i looked under your ut99 downloads section.

ProAsm

Mar 20, 2002
www.proasm.com
Once I release SmartDM, I'll add all these mods there as well.
UTBots is there Maybe Ctrl Refresh or refresh frame etc.

*** Edit ***

Strange how the !sdm or !sm commands work and they send the correct Mutate SmartDM Menu but SmartDM itself does not react to the mutate string.
Yet you type the command in the console or like I have it on my Delete key, it responds positively every time.
Got me baffled.

Last edited:

ProAsm

Mar 20, 2002
www.proasm.com
Ok the !sm command works 100% on a dedicated server and that's what counts so I've disabled the command on a local PC game.

Here is a new UTCmds file with the above error corrected as well as 2 extra commands:
!d - feign death
!u - suicide

http://www.proasm.com/files/ut/UTCmds11.zip

I have also incorporated most the ! commands into SmartDM.
I have left out the CTFStats etc as it may clash.

I have added the Super Health, known in UT as a HealthPack - Hpack: in the game.
I have swapped it with the Boots: although the Boots will still appear if your screen resolution is 1280 or greater.

The HealthPack will not appear in 1024x768 and below.

http://www.proasm.com/files/beta/sdm103t.zip

Website updated with UTBots and UTCmds

Last edited:

Wises

Sep 15, 2008
the pickups thing re: redeemer i figgured it was a count thing .. and also it would show who 'whores' the deemer in most cases.. however players like to collect the deemer but not use it as well.. you could always add the option server-side bShowDeemer=False i guess.

it's a pickup of singnificance imo and at end of game it would be good to see how many times players picked it up throughout a game yes also kegs if at all possible.

in terms of keg-o-health i was not aware that there was no way of detecting if the actual actor had been collected .. be interested to see if there is another way of detecting it.

also there is interest stirring here:http://www.ut99.org/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=4998&p=53031#p53031

so when you release a beta we can allow them to download and provide feedback.

:)

Last edited:

Wises

Sep 15, 2008
remember that this is a scoreboard and most players bypass it to continue the match.. very rarely will u see players stop and study everything on it tbh.

this is also true of survivability.. it ends at death then the scorevoard comes up.. showing 0.. so.. it would only be useful i guess to other players looking to see who survives the longest during a match.
it would be alot more purposeful if on the main game hud in fact.

speaking of which.. there could be a few adjustments made there in the future as well.. like custom team icons and various bits of info carried over from scoreboard like in other mods ie; nexgen displays ping (if checked) as well as march time left under the armour status. other things of interest like lead player / packetloss / framerate could be added there as well.. also at bottom could be players acc/ff and or pickup counts and such.

therefore the scoreboard retains info for all players.. and the main hud retains current players stats.. (pickups/connection/sprees) etc.

Wises

Sep 15, 2008
ok.. re: SmartCTF !stats cmd.. allow that one to be toggled via .ini I think
bAllowCmdSmartCtf=true

this would only be for the standalone version as SmartDm would not likely be active during smartCtf matches.

in terms of replaced boots for Keg etc.. not sure I follow.. I will test and see now.

is it because of a space issue?.. if so you could pull back and remove the PICKUPS text as it is obvious as to what these are.

also in actual release could we have them invisible by default. and only show the stats if / when actually picked-up/collected , like how CB had it with hs:0 etc.. these things only show on board if/when collected and nothing shows if nothing collected. Perhaps easy way would be changing the font color to bg color if value's <=0 idk.

Last edited:

Wises

Sep 15, 2008
Test Report:
=========

first off looking 90% ready for public release.

Few Things ;

HEDSHOT / KILSPREE / NETT~ Because most players are adults. Who judge us for things like spelling/grammer I Think if we renamed these slightly;

HEADSHOTS / SPREES / NETSPEED

next is the slim vs normal board. have put a bit of thought into this and I think , for normal board remove 'PICKUPS' text.. as it is not necessary also it free's up that entire line for ALL Pickups including 'boots' , 'HPack' , 'Deemer' ~ rename 'HPack' to 'KEG' which reduces that line length slightly also.

in essence that whole line could be just for pickups.

now in terms of the scoreboards width affecting stats , I notice that it holds just about everything quite well at 640x480 ~ 800x600 except for the Pickup's , this could easily be fixed by changing the Pickup's names to smaller names of 2 chars for lower resolutions therefore , Boots = bt: , sbelt = sb: , Hpack=kg: and so forth.. again removing the larger space hogging text PICKUPS. and getting more actual info into the smaller 640~800 width screen resolutions.

also noted and thanks the time: min's:sec's looks much better perhaps change the actual text to online? or do we think time is good.. no biggy there.

now in terms of height vs number of profiles displayed I also have an easy solution for this. reduce the font sizes for everything above the pickups line which would greatly reduce the height of the profiles and allow more onto the board.
the smallest it should be is that of the pickups currently so if that fontsize=10 and the rest are around 14 then we have room to shrink everything quite easily.

there has been some interest in a single profile board which perhaps could be also toggled through the !sm menu. perhaps offering the single profile board as it was originally for DM (only) games could work to our advantage.. and the selection of slim/normal SB's look would only change the fontsizes in order to get more on the boards if requested. also it wouldnt affect things like team game *orders etc. as they would not need to be removed.

finally an option to have custom teamgame icons , 32x32 I can do up a pack.. or if there is some way to access external .utx files for creative admins that would be bonus. noticing the gradient vs your one is great to have variety here. these could also be additional and make for a more appealing board.

The thing with bot icons , like you say make a small pack with selections 16x16 I will do up. but lets also offer the ability to turn on/off the actual word 'BOT' underneath the bot icon.

the 'dead' icon I would like to change to the forwards facing skull which I shall upload later.

someone has requested a rather easy thing as well and thats the ability to set the player names colours. so for all players / active player we could easily implement this perhaps?.

on the overall the board is functioning very well and now its maybe time to look into small touches.. before advancing into the next phases.

something I think would be cool for later release is a spree monitor which works like the current green bars.. but somehow we make it change colours (multicoloured) as each 5-0 frags is gained.. for the multi's... so each frag the player gets a 1px bar green at first is tallied.. then after 5 frags Killingspree the next bar is like yellow for the next 5 bars then different again all the way upto 100 kills which would be a glowing red.
for space this could be 1 bar for every 5 kills which I estimate would be 100/5=20 bars at either 1px~2px with a 1px spacer between them. therefore size widthwise ranging between 30px-60px accounting for spacing.

Code:
spree -----------------------------------------
01-05     [G]
06-10     [G]<sp>[Y]
11-15     [G]<sp>[Y]<sp>[O]
15-20     [G] [Y] [O] [B]

not sure if you get what iam saying here;

Wises

Sep 15, 2008
or for normal;

Code:
Sbelt:0 Amp:0 Armor:0 Thigh:0 Invis:0 Super:0 Deemer:0

*Replaced 'hpack' with 'Super' because hpack is can be confused with 'Health pack' which is often thought of as .. medkits etc imo.

and smaller width;
Code:
sb:0 amp:0 arm:0 tp:0 in:0 su:0 dm:0

-or-

sb:0 amp:0 arm:0 pad:0 inv:0 sup:0 dmr:0

-or some capitalisation for looks.-

SB:0 Amp:0 Arm:0 Pads:0 Inv:0 Sup:0 Dmr:0

therefore get all stats on to board regardless of size.

Last edited:

Wises

Sep 15, 2008
anyway have put the board onto asia server and it is now back up. on a new ip which I will update in other thread.

Wises

Sep 15, 2008
just thinking as an easy alternative to the spree's thing.

these bars you have already in the board (the green one's) perhaps have them change colour's upto xx(colours)'s for spree's.

so base don the assumption that each spree level changes every 5 frags and the max spree I think is <100 frags in one go?

that would require some 20 unique colours I guess. 100/5=20

so rather then having green transistion into yellow transistion into orange. would it be easier to change the colour of the entire bar as each new spree is activated.

and the bar grows towards the end 100% as it is in motion.

spree start |-------------------------------------------------|spree end

|ggggg------------------------| g=green (1-5) frags
|yyyyyyyyyy------------------| y=yellow (1-10) frags
|ooooooooooooooo-------------|o=orange (1-15) frags

spree end needs to be fixed? the max in a 30minute round that a player could get probably would be 200frags in instagib.

therefore the colour's rather then hand picked could be auto calculated or assigned therefore.. the R,G,B values could be modified somehow to signify a change in 'Spree Level' rather then us having to sit there trying to find 20-40 colours for these SPREES.

underneath the 'Spree Monitor' the name of the current Spree would also be nice. however these should be entered into the .ini like so;

Spree[0]=KillingSpree
Spree[5]=GodLike
Spree[40]=AIMBOT!

this way we can cater for Spree's not yet even invented.. I think there's like WickedSick for EUT and another enhanced Spree mod which extends to HolyShit.

so if we have our own user definable ones then Admins can have their choice of Spree displayed on the board. I need to actually look into how spree's are calculated as this is also important.

do they actually increase in lot's of 5 or does it work like this;

1-5 (difference 5)
5-15 (difference 10)
15-30 (difference 15)
30-50 (difference 20)

etc.

in which case I guess added to spree[x] we could have spreeLength[x]=5
spreeLength[5]=10

perhaps.

Wises

Sep 15, 2008
ok more info on SPREES here

In- Game Achievements: Various in- game achievements are available in the game. They are notified by the announcer, right after you get them. Note that getting or failing to get any of them do not affect the gameplay, and are not recorded in your profile.

By fast fragging: These are achieved by killing as many bots as possible, at a fast pace. The reward level is reset, if the kill isn't made fast enough, or you get killed.
Double Kill: When you kill two enemy bots quickly enough, or at a time
Multi Kill: When you kill three enemy bots
Ultra Kill: When you kill four bots
MONSTER KILL!!!: When you kill five enemy bots.
LUDICROUS KILL!!!: When you kill six enemy bots
HOLY SHIT!: When you kill more than six enemy bots. The announcement is made after every fast-kill from here.

By fragging without getting killed in the middle: These are achieved by killing a certain number of enemy bots without you getting killed in the fragging process. The reward level is reset if you get killed.
Killing Spree: You kill 5 enemy bots without yourself getting killed
Rampage: You kill 10 enemy bots
Dominating: You kill 15 enemy bots
Unstoppable: You kill 20 enemy bots
Godlike: You kill 25 enemy bots
By fragging method: Only a headshot can be executed as a special kill worth an announcement. It can be achieved only by using a Sniper Rifle or a Ripper shot launched at your opponent's neck.

also note the team icons and the team names :) let's use these Icons randomly for the Red/Blue Teams as they are already present in the botpack.

see teams at the above link for more info on these things. the little fist icon and lightening ones are actually used in actual ut99 factions.

Wises

Sep 15, 2008
more on that in the botpack.MultiKillMessage in UED;

Code:
class MultiKillMessage extends LocalMessagePlus;

var(Messages)	localized string 	DoubleKillString;
var(Messages)	localized string 	TripleKillString;
var(Messages)	localized string 	MultiKillString;
var(Messages)	localized string 	UltraKillString;
var(Messages)	localized string 	MonsterKillString;

static function float GetOffset(int Switch, float YL, float ClipY )
{
	return (Default.YPos/768.0) * ClipY + YL;
}

static function int GetFontSize( int Switch )
{
	if ( Switch == 1 )
		return Default.FontSize;
	else
		return 2;
}

static function string GetString(
	optional int Switch,
	optional PlayerReplicationInfo RelatedPRI_1, 
	optional PlayerReplicationInfo RelatedPRI_2,
	optional Object OptionalObject 
	)
{
	switch (Switch)
	{
		case 1:
			return Default.DoubleKillString;
			break;
		case 2:
			return Default.MultiKillString;
			break;
		case 3:
			return Default.UltraKillString;
			break;
		case 4:
		case 5:
		case 6:
		case 7:
		case 8:
		case 9:
			return Default.MonsterKillString;
			break;
	}
	return "";
}

static simulated function ClientReceive( 
	PlayerPawn P,
	optional int Switch,
	optional PlayerReplicationInfo RelatedPRI_1, 
	optional PlayerReplicationInfo RelatedPRI_2,
	optional Object OptionalObject
	)
{
	Super.ClientReceive(P, Switch, RelatedPRI_1, RelatedPRI_2, OptionalObject);

switch (Switch)
	{
		case 1:
			P.ClientPlaySound(sound'Announcer.DoubleKill',, true);
			break;
		case 2:
			P.ClientPlaySound(sound'Announcer.MultiKill',, true);
			break;
		case 3:
			P.ClientPlaySound(sound'Announcer.UltraKill',, true);
			break;
		case 4:
		case 5:
		case 6:
		case 7:
		case 8:
		case 9:
			P.ClientPlaySound(sound'Announcer.MonsterKill',, true);
			break;
	}
}

Bear in mind that it has been extended in recent times with other mods which in crease it to hollyshit.

Wises

Sep 15, 2008
ok short summary of things to do ;

~to reduce vertical profile limits; (Reduce overall Font size's respectively)

~to keep all pickups on all screen resolutions from 800x600 + have the variable names change from 'sbelt' to 'sb' and respective name_sizes reduced. catering for of course double digits as it is unlikely that any one would pickup more then 10 let alone 99 pickups in a match.

~ use the 'green bar' for spree's and change it's colours for each different spree. if we can tap into ;

NotifySpree (Pawn (UT) Other, int num)
Notifies the local player if they are on a killing spree - and selects an appropriate message. num is the number of kills the player has got without dying.
more info

Then that would be good. also the bar itself could change colours as well as length ..my thoughts on this;

SpreeLimit=100 ; bar will max at 100frags , or admin can adjust incase of IG servers
colours for bar - these are coded where we could just increase the R,G,B values by 5||10 to cast a different colour as the spree's continue.
getting & displaying the actual spree 'text' would be tricky

~ SPREE & MULTIKILL 'coloured bars' perhaps
> Sprees = Kills b4 death
> multiKills = timer based between kills.

~ customisable player-names colour's for SB?..

~ some better way to denote which gamestyle is being played;
We have ComboShock | DM / CTF for example which uses the Botpack.DeathMatchPlus / Botpack.CTFGame "GameTypes" but is different to the Standard Games.
We Also Offer RocketArena | DM/CTF and there's also SniperArena's or other Weapons arena's which Are Different to the Standard "Tournament GameTypes"

^ is there some way to allow for Detection of Certain 'Mutators' from .ini which could change these titles respectively. Also we offer upto 16 different gametypes on our server's in both asia / usa.

^ later on would like to add ability to have a splashscreen depicting graphically the different gametypes being played on the server. this could be a simple modification to 'logosplash' of course at a later point in time

~ using the default faction icons for team Based Header Icons.. would be nice.

~ ability to remove bot icon.text via .ini especially if we using utbots lol with custom pings and such.. could be interesting to see if we could fool players sometimes. Although not going as far as using the ipserverx.hack which shows bots with pings in the actual server browser. (shunned upon)

Last edited:

ProAsm

Mar 20, 2002
www.proasm.com
I'll pickup on a few items here.

Firstly you are seeing this mod from a players point of view and not a server admin.
Remember 80% of the time the only time a player sees this mod is when he joins a server so it is downloaded to him without the readme file and what all the abbreviations stand for.

I played on my favourite Server in Germany for 8 months before I got to know what all the little abbreviations were in SmartDM
If it is not clearly spelt out what it is no-one will worry about.
So having pickups as RD or IN or BL is out of the question in my book.
One must immediately see what it is without reverting to a website, a readme or whatever.

Now having said that, a few other items, the text sizes in 800x600 is the smallest there is, UT does not supply smaller.

I have now added the redeemer as well and also the Deathmatch Inline Players, ie 1 to 6 on the left and 7 to the rest on the right and it works and looks nice.
The pickup abbreviations have been reduced to 3 or 4 and we cannot go smaller then we may as well forget about them altogether.
I have also added back the !CTFStats etc.

Removing the PICKUPS: mmmmmm yes we could do that but atm I think we'll manage.
I like things to look neat, nice and a place for everything.
Using the slim boards a s default is also not an option, as it is people that are used to SmartDM0905 will get a shock when they use SmartDM104 :)
Remember all the changes you are looking at one can always make a seperate scoreboard for SmartDM104 and thats the route we must look at.
If we are to have everything in the release, like I said a while ago, we will NEVER have a release :)

I will try and get a public beta out asap but the problem is our whole country has lost it's Internet and everything is like snail speed :(
last night I tried for 2 hours to upload a zip of 103u (89k) to my site and failed :(

Wises

Sep 15, 2008
re: pickups line ; just the actual pickups is fine it wont look messy and you are right 2character identifiers probably not so good. however 3+ excellent.

800x600^ is all we should cater for. iam not sure if you got my idea re:fonts.. but for 1280*600 down (infact working from the screen height only) you could enlarge/reduce the font sizes based on this.

in terms of font sizes iam talking about the white fonts for the items including the font for PICKUPS If you want to keep that then maybe make it same size as the actual pickups font.

something iam wondering also is.. the serveractor side of things.. does this still have one?.. anyway the whole !ctfstats thing is only relevant to the smartctf mod itself and would be better implemented into the UTCMDS mod as that would be active for all modes of play.

where as smartdm would not in theory be running with smartctf ;) therefore not needed in smartdm.

Wises

Sep 15, 2008
added to this.. unfortunately theres no space for this or is there?.. lets do some data collecting.
is it easy to add somewhere client screen resolutions?
this will give us a better idea of what resolutions players use..

Wises

Sep 15, 2008
or as a separate mod do a playerprofiler mod.
this mod collects all relevant information on players like;

screen resolutions
weapon state: left/center/right/hidden
minframerate
mouse sensitivity

basically any/all data that a player sets for their profile.

something like this will help developers (you) as well as administrators..(me) to identify players.. as you can also pickup keybinds and modmenu items.
also assist in development of mods in the future.

anyways for the purposes of smartDM all we need is screen resolution. i guess.

Last edited:

Wises

Sep 15, 2008
in terms of a readme , add a [help] tab to your !sm menu with scrolling and insert all the player/client side help details in there like

Commands:
========

type !p or !play to play
type !s or !spec to spectate
type !behind0 for behind view
type !behind1 for normal view
etc..

Scoreboard Details:

NETT=netspeed

Pickups:
======

sbelt = shield belts
Amp = Damage Amplifiers
Pad = Thigh Pads
Super = Keg-o-health
dmr = Redeemer Pickups
etc..

Last edited:

Wises

Sep 15, 2008
in terms of font sizes , I am saying that for the slim board make the fonts for everything bar scores (which need sep adjustment) the same size as the pickups font.

therefore greatly reducing the height of the profiles and allowing more on the board without sacrificing stats.

later when it comes to doing up a CTF Scoreboard you will be able to fit all the stats onto the board instead of how it is currently done through smartCTF.
currently it is tricky and has this auto swap thing going on , even though the board has ample room for everything.

however we'll face that hurdle when it comes time to do so.

final thing to add to this mod is , score/stats recovery for if/when players disconnect and go away for a bit then return.. or if they lag out and need to reconnect. especially important for team games and CTF Matches.. therefore you can either look into this mod;

resurector mod

however it will need to be adapted for use with smartDM and collect more stats then it does currently.

;)

Last edited: