Small problem with new map.

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

SouthPaw

Nov 10, 2005
I recently updated to v5.2 and have run into a problem. It is most likely due to something I'm doing wrong and not the update.

I put a new map (DM-BDC-Garage-Night.ut2) on my server but it does not show up in the vote list. I can switch to it using the webadmin but it still does not show up. I have tried switching game types and restarting the server with no success.

Is there any way to force a rebuild of the maplist?
Is it possible that the new map is confused with an existing map (i.e. DM-BDC-Garage2k4v2.ut2)?

Thanks in advance!

-SP

ProAsm

Mar 20, 2002
www.proasm.com
I have noticed on a few maps where there are several hyphens such as this one and what happens is the Replication to the client gets confused to which part is the prefix and which is the suffix as the prefix is only sent once.
For instance with DM maps, all the mapnames are sent minus the 'DM-' and minus the '.ut2'.

The other problem is that maybe you have more than 250 DM maps on your server, although this one is fairly high up the list with its first character being a 'B' in the alphabet.

A few things to try.
1. Try renaming the map to something short like DM-MyMap1.ut2 and see what happens.
2. Try setting the AltMapPrefix="DM" in the GameType= string as that will now allow you 500 DM maps.

SouthPaw

Nov 10, 2005
I tried your suggestions with the following interesting results.

- Adding the ALT prefix did not help
- Removing a hyphen resulting in DM-BDC-GarageNight.ut2 did not help.
- Altering the order of the words resulting in DM-BDC-Night-Garage.ut2 did work.

It would appear that the two files having similar names was the cause of the issue. Just a guess but it may have something to do with the fact that they are very similar and may even have the same "friendly name"(?). When you look at the score list, they both show DM-BDC-Garage2k3 as the map name.

ProAsm

Mar 20, 2002
www.proasm.com
mmm looks like a Map sorting (alphabetically) problem.
Yes UT2Vote does add everything up when sorting.
I'll see if I can refine this better next time round.
Thanks for the headsup :)

ProAsm

Mar 20, 2002
www.proasm.com
Murphys law, when I try it on my server everything works 100%.
No matter how I spell what, it always works :)

maps.jpg

SouthPaw

Nov 10, 2005
Murphy strikes again :)

Perhaps we have somewhat different versions of the maps. Here is what I have for file properties under "size" (not "size on disk"). I have also included MD5 checksums.

DM-BDC-Garage2k4v2.ut2 - 9.64 MB (10,110,302 bytes)
MD5 Sum - 10119efd34a3769ff9d91af7bca197a3

DM-BDC-Garage-Night.ut2 - 21.6 MB (22,725,906 bytes)
MD5 Sum - bd9653d9687ff3f4b5ae824e8a5eddf0

I'm not sure what else to look at. Let me know if there is anything alse I can do to help narrow down the problem.

ProAsm

Mar 20, 2002
www.proasm.com
The map size is not important and is not taken into consideration.
I tried all tricks here and just cannot get it to do whats happening to you.
Maybe try a vanilla setup like remove ALL mutators and I mean ALL and just have UT2Vote on and see what happens.
Maybe some other Mutator is intervening in the function handover process as this often happens as there are many mod authors out there that dont pass the functions onto the next mutator, either they want to hog the routine, or they dont know how to do it.

Does this happen if you just play Instant Action on your own PC ?

SouthPaw

Nov 10, 2005
I was not suggesting that the size was a problem. Only that we might have different files as evidenced by the size.

I tried your test on my PC (not the server) and eventually found that it works just fine with the same UT2Vote.ini file the server is using. I still need to try some test on the server when I get time. It might be related to the Linux server.