Small Details UT2k7 Should Have...

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

LavaLampMaster

Jan 6, 2006
Texas
I hope that 2k7 will let you gib the entire body. I hate the fact that the hips and upper legs always survive. Is there a reason for that?

Random Elite

Put your feet up and frag.
Jul 9, 2005
Earth
Not always both thighs though (look at the recent Virus vid).
But you would think the body would have been deatomised when in contact with the Redeemer's blast.

EggBoy

Apr 26, 2005
LavaLampMaster said:
I hope that 2k7 will let you gib the entire body. I hate the fact that the hips and upper legs always survive. Is there a reason for that?

The ass is the strongest part of the body? :lol:
I think the reason only the ass is left behind, is because that is what your player model turns into when you blow up which is why the camera focuses on it and it is always at the center of the explosion and it doesnt fly as far as the other gibs that 'spawn' around you.

KillStreak

I posted in the RO-me thread
and all I got was
a pink username!
Sep 11, 2005
somewhere
Neophoenix said:
You Just became my new best friend. I'm sick of people complaining about my fave weapon (mini gun). Its been weakend so much, that you have to load 200 rounds into a person if they have a shield. < 50 rounds without a shield is fine, but it shouldn't take 4 times that just for 100 shield.

This tradium gun better not be even more weak than the current mini gun, thats for sure.

Also the dark match mut in UT was awesome. I just hope someone brings it back for 2k7.

Remember the pure ass kickery of the mini from the first unreal, good times!

Neophoenix

Bast's Pet
Aug 4, 2005
Yeah, there is a major difference when you play the UT original mutator. I love the mini secondary, 4 shots and your toast. Though, the primary is so wild you can barely hit anything.

stas

Oct 18, 2005
That why lockboters use mini :( 30 damage with dd 15 normal with secondary that kills if u hit :)

K.N.I.F.E

Dressed in Pink
Jun 4, 2005
In Nathan's base
kevan.org
MMOPG Unreal

World(s) of Unreal

Select character class:
insane murderer guy
corporation guy
nerdy scientist you kill in U2
monster that you kill in U1

select race:
human
necris
skaarg
Gen Mo' kai
Juggernaught
Nali
Nali cow
MIIIIIIIIIIIISSSSSSSSSSTER CROW!!!!!!!!!!

B

Bee
Sep 6, 2000
Bussum, NL
www.zdclan.nl
LavaLampMaster said:

As far as I know it has something to do with the karma actors on the model. It's not possible to seperate the karma model (ragdoll physics) from the model, not even after a player dies, something like that..

(wait for the experts to answer below:)

Mar 19, 2002
Denver Co. USA
Visit site
_Zd_Meelobee_ said:
As far as I know it has something to do with the karma actors on the model. It's not possible to seperate the karma model (ragdoll physics) from the model, not even after a player dies, something like that..

(wait for the experts to answer below:)
This is supposed to be a non-issue with the new Novadex Physics Engine, in UT2007.

(what's happened to the makers of Karma btw? No updates for competition with other Physics engines, or am I out of the loop here?)
________
Club Royal Condominium Wong Amat

Last edited: