1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Small complaints with the 1911.

Discussion in 'New Version Suggestions' started by Domino, Sep 20, 2004.

1. Meplat

Meplat Chock full-o-useless information

OCIW- Well, it was done in an indoor range, most likely a Caswell . (Hollow tinny sound caused by the dividers, and the backstop) Overall, it sounds like any centerfire handgun being fired in a 55 gallon drum. Few handguns make really distinctive sounds. .22 Mags, the odd 5-7, the M-52 using hot Tok ammo, .357 Mags, .44 Mags, and the bigger DE's..

Just go out and lurk at a range on a weekend. You'll eventually hear one, amid all the nines and M-forgeries.

Meplat-

2. Domino

Domino < Phoenix Rising >

Those sounds by Arethusa are sexy... can someone make a .umod updater! I want to see how they feel in-game.

3. Arethusa

Arethusa We will not walk in fear.

This is exactly why I'd like to see a mutator that allows free customization of all weapon sounds, but no one other than me seems to think this is a good idea.

4. Crowze

Crowze Bird Brain

Customisation of weapon sounds is so easy to do as a mutator. I'm against having anyone have their own custom sounds, though, it should be down to the developers and the server admins.

EDIT: Attached. I've only replaced the firing sound for now, I might look at the others but the timing is wrong, so I'd need to play around with them a bit. Feel free to ignore what I've done to the G3A3 so far, again I'm just playing around with stuff at the moment.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 28, 2004
  5. keihaswarrior

keihaswarrior New Member

As a small note: IMO, the M4 should sould like the M16A4, not the G3. Consider changing that and the Mag7 Duke Nukem sound?

6. cracwhore

cracwhore I'm a video game review site...

Shhhh....constructive criticism and common sense will get you killed 'round 'ere sonny....

7. Crowze

Crowze Bird Brain

What are you on about cracwhore? The Mod Team pack will be updated properly sometime with new sounds and bug fixes, so I won't be including them in this mutator.