1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

SLC Punk - divx

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Donnellizer, Feb 1, 2002.

1. Donnellizer

Donnellizer Fjæsing!

God damnit! Can anyone reccommend a good file sharing program that I could find a (GOOD) divx of SLC Punk on? On morpheus I could only find two goddamn incomplete, ****ty ones. And on WinMX, I found NOTHING. BLAARGH. Now that I unwittingly watched half the movie, I MUST watch the other half! Help! (If any of you can sent it over icq, irc, or aim, that would help...)

2. Dank

Dank Mac Guru

Go rent the f<b></b>ucking movie you lazy ass.

You're pretty much asking for warez....which is against the rules. :rolleyes:

3. OICW

OICW Reason & Logic > Religion

Is it me Dank or does your dragon gif seem to be smoking a lot faster?

4. Donnellizer

Donnellizer Fjæsing!

Eat my asshole dank. :p

It's not warez, that's games. This is uhh... a movie. Sure, it's still illegal, but that's besides the point.

Besides, it's not that I'm too lazy to rent it. It's A) I'm cheap. B) Is it just me, or is it retarded to pay for a movie about punks? C) The local video store won't have it.

5. Ballistophobia

Ballistophobia Hedonistic Forum Panacea

Don, the movie is VERY worth any purchase. I bought the DVD the second I saw it, so don't worry about being disappointed or anything. The movie is very intelligent and just damn cool. One of my top 5 fave movies for sure.

6. Chronic

Chronic unƒuckwithable

I agree with Balli,this movie rocks, and it's well worth the buy. Also Donn, I think you should be allowed to get it here, but forum rules are forum rules bud, and this does fall under a warez type genra. So this thread isn't going to exist much longer.

Ahhh SLC Punk. Picture stevo from SLC punk and you pretty much have me as a character. at least that's what all my friends tell me. I love that movie! I think i'm goign to go watch it now!

7. Buddy_Pickle

Buddy_Pickle Fffeeerrrtt!!!

Well, as a person actually living in the Salt Lake area, let me just tell you that this film is all over the damn place out here. You can pert near purchase the freakin thing at Walmart.

8. Jamail

Jamail New Member

I was more like Mike. :)

I calmed down a lot, though.

9. Chronic

Chronic unƒuckwithable

It's funny, because if you have punk friends, or know are punk yourself (the few that are left :( ), then they all fit at least one character from that movie. Well, yes exceptions are there, but the movie really covers the punk lifestyle pretty well.

10. Donnellizer

Donnellizer Fjæsing!

God damnit. My local video rental place didn't have it. Boy, what a surprise!

11. Chronic

Chronic unƒuckwithable

WE SAID GO BUY IT YA DAMN HIPPIE! Stop renting and find it somewhere! Hell, order it online

12. Gholam

Gholam Sergeant (Reserve), IDF

Sorta offtopic... do movies ever go "abandonware"?

13. Chronic

Chronic unƒuckwithable

Actually, I would like to see a divx version of SLC Punk. I have the movie, but it would be nice to have it on my computer.

14. Donnellizer

Donnellizer Fjæsing!

Well, I can't BUY it anywhere else. It is R. My parents wouldn't give a rat's ass, but I kind of have to DRIVE to a store, and that kind of requires a CAR, and a DRIVER'S LICENSE. Both things which I do not have.

15. Donnellizer

Donnellizer Fjæsing!

I went out and bought it. Thanks for the help, whorebags. Jeez, I actually had to BUY a DVD. What the hell is wrong with this world?! :p

16. Chronic

Chronic unƒuckwithable

We knew you'd cave:p

17. Ballistophobia

Ballistophobia Hedonistic Forum Panacea

Well, nevermind about ripping it then. :p

18. Jamail

Jamail New Member

Don't count on it. The movie and recording industries are constantly lobbying to extend to copyright limits. At the turn of the century, it was something like eight years for a printed work. Nowadays it's the life of the creator plus some ungodly number of years.

That's why you can find lots of movies from the 30s and 40s on almost any medium. Any later than that and they're probably still under copyright by the corporations who own them.

19. ThunderChunky

ThunderChunky L337 Cube H@X0®

Well now that you've bought it on DVD, you can rip it and upload it so everyone else who doesn't want to pay for it can download it! :p

Note my intense sarcasm.