1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

UE2 - UT2kX Skyboxes are is my my main problem now

Discussion in 'Mapping' started by fronjohn, Dec 31, 2009.

1. fronjohn

fronjohn New Member

Ok guys for now i wanna skip the screenshot and work on the sky box ok, my problem is that when the textures of one of my rooms the walls and ceiling have the fake back drop on and also the skybox aswell with unlit on and the skyzoneinfo in their aswell so thats all done, then i rebuild with fake backdrop view on theirs is no change with the walls and ceiling and i rebuiled everything no damn change what am i doing wrong???

2. fronjohn

fronjohn New Member

wait i just cant see the sky box in the editor while its on Fake backdrop view mode on, but i can see it on in game tho

3. Jefe

Jefe The Dark Rat

You can press k or right click the top of the viewport to show the backdrop while in the editor.

4. xMurphyx

xMurphyx New Member

The walls of the skybox must not Fake Backdrop, obviously. The skybox is shown where backdrop would normally be shown. To make it show up on surfaces in the map (e.g. the subtracted cube the map is in) you select those surfaces and tell them to Fake Backdrop.

If your skybox cube itself fakes backdrop what do think you'll see on your other "Fake Backdrop" surfaces? Exactly: Backdrop.