Skins work on pc but not online ?? (UT2k3)

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Souless

What does this button do???......
Oct 9, 2003
FL,US
I have made several skins for 2k3 mainly recolors and a few custom models. Ive made a skin for my friend viper with team colors for 2k3
they work fine when i am in instant action and stuff but when i go online they show up when they feel like it i have been using other custom skins on his server and they work fine all of my other skins work fine but this one for some reason wants to be stupid. if anyone has any ideas or would like to look over the utx or upl give me a holla please

Kirin[SC]

恐いハチミツボイ
Apr 9, 2001
Jacksonville NC
www.saphiria.net
Hmm ... are both you and the server patched to 2225? You might want to patch both the client and the server and see what happens. From what I understand, if you join a server with a custom skin, everyone will see you as Gorge if they don't have your skin installed. However, your skin should not change. If it does change, then chances are that the server is not patched.

What you can also do is ask the server admin to host your skin and see if that solves your problem.

Souless

What does this button do???......
Oct 9, 2003
FL,US
I found out the problem

If You make a custom skin from a default/custom model and give it is own individual Upl file
i.e.(this is the contents of the upl file for my gambit skin

[Public]
Player=(DefaultName="Gambit",Mesh=HumanMaleA.MercMaleB,species=xGame.
SPECIES_Merc,BodySkin=Gambit.Body,FaceSkin=Gambit.head,Portrait=Gambit.
Shader,Text=XPlayers.Gambit,Sex=Male,Menu="SP",FavoriteWeapon=
xWeapons.FlakCannon,Aggressiveness=+0.25,Tactics=0.5,Accuracy=-0.3,StrafingAbility=+0.7)

(*note i split this up so the post window wouldnt be huge*)
The name within the Default name parameter cannot Contain a Space
Like lets say I.e we wanted to name it Remy L

(DefaultName="Remy L"...... the space between the y and the L will for some reason will not let it be seen on the local machine during internet play but will let it be seen during local machine play so to get around this youd have to use an underscore or name it something else

Last edited: